PDA

View Full Version : sent my DA Hex's off to get replaced....

cjj2d
09-26-2004, 11:48 AM
should be back in 2-3 weeks. Bought them from ebay (dynamicautosound seller) and they told me to send them to them and they will cover them under warranty and have them replaced. They are actually living up to their stated warranty on their ebay auction. I was worried that they would not. But I am still curious to see how long it will actually take, so far so good. Hope they live up to all they have said. If so I will continue to buy stuff from them.

update to come.

Intercooler
09-26-2004, 12:23 PM
What happened to them? How do you like them and did you compare them to others before making your decision?

cjj2d
09-26-2004, 01:05 PM
I absolutely love my Hex comps. I did compare them to others. I went around and listened to them, Boston Pros, JL XRs, and a few others. While all sounded great and are great speakers I picked the Hex cause they just seemed to fill the room better (in sound shops) and was a more balanced set, others were unbalanced as far as midbass to highs go. The Hex components really shine when you give them some power. I have 150 to each side and they love it.

The problem I had was I was testing out how my box sounded when I added polyfil. well the right channel tweeter started to crackle and go in and out. after further testing of what happened I think that the crossover is the problem cause at low levels they ran just fine at mid to high levels the right channel would just cut in and out. I put a different amp on them to make sure it wasn't a bad channel on the amp and same situation. So I sent them back since they were still warrantied.

anxiously awaiting my new set.

limitkid7
09-26-2004, 01:40 PM
I agree hex's are a level above JL........

one thing i don't like is jl's speakers (not including subs)