PDA

View Full Version : Front stage

XDrkmanX
09-24-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my front speakers. I currently have a set of Kappa Perfects playing the part of my front stage. I am happy with the performance of the kappa's tweeters but would like some more midbass. I'm running them off of a Hifonics zx6400 which is rated around 85x4 into 4ohms or 175x4 into 2ohms. (something like that) I don't have any rear fill in my car so 2 channels on my amp are being wasted. I would like to fix this problem by getting a set of kickpods for my car. I would like to get two pair's components one for my factory locations and the other for the kick pods. The problem is I don't know which components to get. I'm looking for something with great midbass and a nice smooth tweeter.

What is a great high end comp set only needs 85watts to get loud? So for I have Focal and RE...any other ideas? Does anyone have any experience with these sets in kick pods?

squeak9798
09-24-2004, 04:46 PM
You would want both pairs of comps to be the same (i.e. don't get Focal for the kicks if you have Kappas in the doors). But, with 2 pairs of comps, both at different pathlengths, you run into some major tuning problems. Constructive and destructive phasing issues, time alignment issues, "echo" effect is probably likely, etc etc.

IMO you're best option would be to get a dedicated midbass and active xover, move the Kappas to the kicks and put the dedicated midbass in your door.

XDrkmanX
09-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Kappa's are going away

supa_c
09-24-2004, 06:41 PM
IMO you're best option would be to get a dedicated midbass and active xover, move the Kappas to the kicks and put the dedicated midbass in your door.Koda 6, Koda 8, Extremis 6 -4ohm ;)

squeak9798
09-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Kappa's are going away

You'll still be left with the other issues I mentioned.

If you like them, other than the midbass, why are you changing them??

XDrkmanX
09-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Sometime I'll take a break and turn my subs off while listening to music. This is were you can really hear the lack of midbass that the kappa's put out. I'm just looking for a set of components to pick the slack a little when it comes to this.