PDA

View Full Version : remote starter wiring question

rippinitup7
09-24-2004, 01:04 PM
just have a couple basic questions about hooking up a remote start. my manual on alarm refers to a starter side starter wire, and a key side starter wire. does this mean i am to cut the starter wire, and the side that goes to starter is the starter side, and the side that goes to the key is the key side?

also another thing, my remote starter has two red wires which say they are to go to a 12+ constant, am i to just tap both of these into the 12+ constant wire going to the ignition?

just doing everything on paper right now to make the job easier.

viper 771xv/1995 grand cherokee

thanks.

2dmnloud
09-24-2004, 02:12 PM
yes on the 2 12v wires they will be constant source....on the starter wire you should be able to find that in the same ignition harness....just get you a meter and crank the car over till you find the one with 10-12v you have to be fast because the meter won't read as fast as the car can crank

X6369X
09-24-2004, 02:39 PM
just have a couple basic questions about hooking up a remote start. my manual on alarm refers to a starter side starter wire, and a key side starter wire. does this mean i am to cut the starter wire, and the side that goes to starter is the starter side, and the side that goes to the key is the key side?
Always test your wires w/ a DMM. Never assume because a wire looks like it's going towards the right direction, that it's really going there.

rippinitup7
09-25-2004, 02:28 PM
got it, thanks.

Sn0rKy
09-26-2004, 02:28 AM
wut i didnt with constant was put it to the battery
because its fused already.

n ya, use a meter it helps a ton