PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 midbass for IB setup

Warren G
09-22-2004, 03:18 AM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if theres anything better then the cdt-ef61 drivers for my doors. Ill probably have around 150w rms goin to each. I know some drivers are best when sealed, but I was wondering if there are others that are best in a IB setup? I havent deadened my doors yet, but Im planning to just to make sure there's no rattles. Budget would be under 250$. Should I stick with the cdts or go with something else?

squeak9798
09-22-2004, 11:08 AM
"Better" is all in the eyes of the beerholder......can't tell you for sure if you will find something that you think is better or fits into your personal sound preference better, but here are some speaker brands to check out. Oh, and almost all car audio speakers will work well IB because they are designed to be installed in doors (obviously there are a few exceptions though).

Focal
Resonant Engineering (www.reaudio.com, RE comps are $165)
Rainbow
DLS
Arc Audio
Boston Acoutics
MB Quart
JL Audio
Infinity
Alpine (Type X is supposed to be killer for the price: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2dnN8k1wh76/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=76500&I=500SPX177A&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N&search=)

alpine99gp
09-22-2004, 11:32 AM
any speaker that has a real low q or a high q will usually work out well in your door. just make shur that the door is sealled up as much as possible you don't want the back wave of the speaker to come into the cabin. My open spend the money on dynamat and seal the door tight. a 500 dollar pair of components will sound like *** in a leaky rattly door but a pair of 50 dollar coaxials can sound amazinging in a well sealled door.

My opinion on a midbass is if you have the room are the pl18wo-o9-o4 vifa's only $63.50 a piece from parts express. If your door is sealled good and I mean good these things sound like a good pair of 8" subs power rating is 100rms 140 peak