PDA

View Full Version : Code Alarm?

sudrummerboy
09-21-2004, 04:12 AM
Anyone ever heard of code alarm? It's at circuit city and I got the one with the 2-way pager, but i think it said it had a shock sensor, but I was literally beating on my car and it didn't go off. Anybody else have this or know someone with this alarm?

Sleeklsc
09-21-2004, 04:28 AM
i had a basic code alarm...it worked ok, but i got it cheap to begin with....if u arm it and hit your car reasnably hard it shold go off...if u hit it a little hard it might give a warning beep..if u hit it really hard it should go off completly...if it doesnt do any of those take it back and show them..

Slody4Futbol
09-21-2004, 10:57 AM
yeah it has 2 be set JUST right... the shock sensor isn't a seperate sensor that you can turn a dial and set... it's a programmable... which means you have to program it with the valet switch... take it back and let them set it... or you can try and set it...

Redford
09-28-2004, 09:40 PM
just play with the sensitivity

They're not bad alarms, but their not great alarms either like DEI/Viper/etc that they used to carry. Best thing to do is find a Viper and have them install it.

jtomsic
09-28-2004, 11:53 PM
vipers have to be installed by an authorized dealer i thought, circuit city doesnt sell viper.

Slody4Futbol
09-29-2004, 12:00 AM
yeah i know... sux... i heard that circuit city is supposed to be getting rid of code alarm soon... 2 many problems... but who knows... I WANNA KNOW!!!

Bigrick31
09-30-2004, 04:12 PM
my friend installed his onw viper alarm with remote starts and everything. i on the other hand cant install alarms so i had it done cost me $250 for their best alarm with the pager and remoste start and all those goodies on ebay and then $250 fo the install. kewl thing about it is you can set it up to do anything. like if you had airbads you could controll them with the alarm. stuff like that

Redford
10-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Circuit City no longer sells Viper but they should still install them

HeadBussa86
10-06-2004, 09:36 PM
I work for Circuit City and I don't think we're getting rid of Code Alarms, and the best thing to do would be to take it in and have them set it. They're not the best alarms to deal with.

Sleeklsc
10-06-2004, 10:01 PM
ive had those alarms in all my cars....the first 2 cars i got the basic alarm nothin fancy...no problems..got em at a "flee" market fot like 50 bucks and paid 80 for the install....now i have the remote/pager/r. start from autopage and its graet...no probs.....cost like 320+30 for some bypass module....great units though