PDA

View Full Version : cdt tweets question?

alti98
09-20-2004, 10:23 PM
I got my cdt tweets today. Iwas just wondering do I have to wire them to the actuater or can I just wire them directly to my current crossover? I would be alot easier to wire them to my mb quart pce-216 crossover and not have as much wire. But If I have to wire them to it I will as I dont wanna blow either speakers.

alti98
09-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Bump please help. I really want to install these and im trying to figure out if I can wire them directly to my x-overs or if I have to use the tweeter acuater

Naxis2k1
09-21-2004, 05:37 PM
I got my cdt tweets today. Iwas just wondering do I have to wire them to the actuater or can I just wire them directly to my current crossover? I would be alot easier to wire them to my mb quart pce-216 crossover and not have as much wire. But If I have to wire them to it I will as I dont wanna blow either speakers.

wire them to actuator it will really come in handy on certain songs were you might want the highs to scream a bit louder. i was in your same position when i bought my cdt tweets i found it was much better to have them on the actuator. if you dont you will find that at times and certain songs they will distort a bit. but nothing to be worried about. but it is a nice bonus to be able to adjust there levels.

alti98
09-21-2004, 07:35 PM
wire them to actuator it will really come in handy on certain songs were you might want the highs to scream a bit louder. i was in your same position when i bought my cdt tweets i found it was much better to have them on the actuator. if you dont you will find that at times and certain songs they will distort a bit. but nothing to be worried about. but it is a nice bonus to be able to adjust there levels.

Thanks for the reply.

Where did you mount the acuator?

i would really like to have 2 seprate acuators is there any where I could get another one?

If I could get another one I wouldnt have to run speaker wire throught the doors.

This is a second tweeter im adding.

This is going to be a big weekend project.

Naxis2k1
09-26-2004, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the reply.

i would really like to have 2 seprate acuators is there any where I could get another one?

If I could get another one I wouldnt have to run speaker wire throught the doors.

i mounted my acuator right underneath the dash in a loaction i can get to it while driving. make sure you mount those tweets as close to ear level in a-pillars if possible they sound aswome there. i wouldnt know about running a nother set of tweets. 2 sounds great to me. ill try and post some picks of my install some time soon

djdilliodon
09-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the reply.

if u need another controller i have a few 20 shipped each. u could only use them on one output on each if u like:)