PDA

View Full Version : crimestopper programming

LoneReaper
09-19-2004, 08:32 PM
i am trying to program the extra features in my alarm and i have the button (Program/Override) that came with the alarm, hooked up to the correct spot and i want to program the features but the button isnt doing anything. if i set the alarm off and press the button it doesnt do anything. The instructions say turn the ignition to ON and press the button 5 times and the siren should sound 3 times. but the button doesnt do anything. any ideas?

Slody4Futbol
09-19-2004, 10:16 PM
only thing i can say is make sure you have the key in the ON position... open the door... and keep the key on and make sure the valet switch is plugged into the correct port... if you are doing EXACTLY what it says to do then something is not hooked up right or the switch is broken...

joshpoints
09-20-2004, 12:49 AM
i am trying to program the extra features in my alarm and i have the button (Program/Override) that came with the alarm, hooked up to the correct spot and i want to program the features but the button isnt doing anything. if i set the alarm off and press the button it doesnt do anything. The instructions say turn the ignition to ON and press the button 5 times and the siren should sound 3 times. but the button doesnt do anything. any ideas?

My system may be a little different but mine says to open the hood and trunk. Turn the ignition all the way to the on position (to the position just prior to starting the car). Then push the button five times. You will notice that your parking lights will flash or better yet keep an eye on the led light for the alarm and you should see the light flash. It's a very faint flash. If you don't have the hood trigger hooked up or the trunk trigger hooked up then you need to find these two wires in your alarm and then you need to ground both of them during this process. It could also be your button is faulty. I had to actually replace my button from a button at radio shack because I broke it. Your horn may not be hooking if you wired it incorrectly. When I'm in the programming area my alarm siren doesn't make a sound. If I were you I'd just concentrate on the led light and see if it flashes. ONce you are in the program area everytime you push the button you will notice the led light will dim. I allow it to dim before I push the button again just to make sure I don't push the button too fast.

LoneReaper
09-20-2004, 01:11 AM
i dont have the hood and trunk hooked up so i will try that tomorrow and post. thanks!