PDA

View Full Version : Comp Saturday, and the setup

Termlab
09-15-2004, 03:02 AM
ok, meca competition coming up, and i'm getting ready to build a box (tomorrow). just looking for some help. i'll try to be as detailed as possible, that way the help is as detailed as possible.

ok, starting with the car. i know its a civic 3 door, but i'm not sure of the year. somewhere around a 91 though. awsome awsome SPL cars if you are doing outlaw. which just so happens thats what meca does.....

subwoofer..... memphis HPO 15'' dual 4 ohm subwoofer.
amplifier..... cadence z9000 (800 rms bridged @ 4 ohm) this will put me at the top of my class in meca s-1. we are going to start off small. i'm only trying to beat a 148.3. easier said than done however. termlab mics are vicious and 800 watts with only 1 15'' isnt the best of odds either.

things i'm willing to change...... the subwoofer. i would rather have a dual 2 ohm subwoofer. something very similar to the HPO would be nice. i'm just not sure on which subwoofer to use. the cadence beastmaster is the only thing i can think of, but they are costly, and there is no way i can get one before saturday, so as of now i'm using a HPO dual 4 ohm version.

now the box design. as big as i can probably get is 3.25 cu ft of air space. plus port volume. i know alot of you people are going to tell me to tune the box around 40 hz for SPL comps. but i know its just not high enough. especially metering outlaw. the box i'm wanting to use i want to tune somewhere around 52 - 58 hz. so it has a nice peak between 60 - 65 hz. these are generally the tracks that the civic 3 doors like. i also want to try to keep a nice big open port. 3 x 15 or 4 x 15 is what i'd like to use. can anybody give me a depth on the port???

any and all information welcome. there has to be -somebody- going through this forum that has a civic hatch with an SPL setup in it. i'd love to chat with them for a few, if they got the extra time.

davidfre21
09-15-2004, 03:06 AM
burp ur amp @2ohm bridged

also i might have a box for u, 4 cubes tuned to 50 crx style

Termlab
09-15-2004, 03:17 AM
how much you want for it...... and i dunno if 4 cubes will fit. it has to stay behind.... and cant extend over the top of the seat.......

loud3nergy
09-15-2004, 11:30 AM
I have a 94 Civic 3dr (might also be at the MECA show in E-town... dunno if ill comepte or not) my setup is in my sig.. I only wanted to say I have a slot ported box... tuned to ?? (dont know) bought it pre-fab. But port is on bottom blowing aginst the driverside wheel well and the subs are firing up. Seems like my 3dr likes it better with them firing up rather than back.. my $0.02
Good Luck btw :D

waNtsumBuMP
09-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey Loud,
Did you really hit 145.4 with two type E's and a 300 watt amp???? cuz if you did thats some wild ****

edit: sorry for stealing your thread!!!!

loud3nergy
09-19-2004, 01:38 PM
yes, yes I did.. :-D Last night waas the car audio comp here in G-gow KY and I had to work... :crap: but my friend went, came by work and told me they had announced my name and I won something. Dropped by Percision Auto Sound at about 10:30ish at night while they were putting all the equipment away and turns out that SINGLE run was Best overall Class 1. No one beat my score of 145.4 in Class 1. I was happy, picked up a considerably large trophy for a run I did 2 months ago.

waNtsumBuMP
09-19-2004, 03:18 PM
D@mn man thats tight... congrats on that!!! I didnt know that only 300 watts could get you that far.. whuts your box like, how many cubes and tuned to whut???