PDA

View Full Version : My CLIFFORD Alarm jacked up my 350z, help!

ohravi
09-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Whassup guys:
Just had the Clifford Avantguard 5 installed on my car. Everything was working fine, up until a day ago when I realized that when I press the lock/unlock on the pad it makes my rear wiper move from side to side--extremely annoying.

Because of this, I had my installer take off my aftermarket alarm and see if that was the problem. No problems there, the wiper will still move, no matter if you press unlock on the factory keyless entry or if you press unlock on the aftermarket alarm. In fact, even the inside door triggers don't lock or unlock the car when I press them. I have to manually enter and exit the car. I am pretty royally pissed! What can I do? I'm running out of options!

Update:

Ok,

So I went to the dealer and they say that it might be my bcm! They want $900 for that **** thing!

I can't believe it. There must be a cheaper fix. Please, anyone, anywwhere, please help me figure out a solution to this issues.

I can't afford that exhorbitant fee--hopefully one of you can help me out--my installer is completely lost and can't find the issue.

It makes no sense because it was working great up until yesterday when my car started trippin out...

Please please please someone help!!!!

Ravi

jtomsic
09-14-2004, 08:50 PM
i've heard that alarms if installed wrong can seriously mess up some of your electrical controls in ur car.

mattj
09-14-2004, 08:53 PM
If it worked fine before the aftermarket alarm, go after whoever installed it.

immaculateaudio
09-14-2004, 11:47 PM
it is the installers job to do the job right... take it back to the shop that installed it

joshpoints
09-16-2004, 10:11 PM
i've heard that alarms if installed wrong can seriously mess up some of your electrical controls in ur car.

That's funny. He took it to a shop I did my alarm myself and every option I added functions perfectly with the relays and diodes I installed. Sounds like the alarm shop jacked up your electronics by wiring incorrectly.

sumone
09-17-2004, 01:13 AM
So I went to the dealer and they say that it might be my bcm!

that's exactly what I was thinking...you could try doing some of your own investigating though...find out what type of door locks your car has, and verify the connections are correct....

ohravi
09-17-2004, 06:18 PM
I think the dealer is trying to jack me though dude--- i went on my 350z forum and they said it shouldn't be the bcm, but it could be. I remember the installer said that he had to use dual pulse for the passenger side--the forum cats on my350z.com say that i should use another relay and maybe that will fix it all.

we'll see--this kind of *****, b/c i wanted my stereo in before the lodi sound off competition.

ravi

squeak9798
09-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Whatever you do, don't dish out any more money. Even if something in your car is jacked up now...it is the stereo shop's responsibility to pay for it since they are the ones who screwed it up.

Good Luck

ohravi
09-17-2004, 08:58 PM
thanks man..still waiting for a solution

X6369X
09-20-2004, 12:57 PM
we'll see--this kind of *****, b/c i wanted my stereo in before the lodi sound off competition.
Still making it to the comp?

ramos
09-20-2004, 02:03 PM
I have the same alarm system. It's not the alarm it's the install caused by the installer. :)

ohravi
09-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I'm still coming to the competition.

iamamp3pimp
10-12-2004, 06:40 PM
i may rethink installing it myself now....