PDA

View Full Version : Problem with DEHP-760MP

H4cK
09-14-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm having a lil problem with my HU. It has happened to me on 2-3 occasions. For some reason, it has reset the HU when I start up the car. I did it 2-3 times, within like 2-3 week spans, but I am not sure why it is doing it. This morning, I started up the car, and like it too about 30 secs before the deck even came on :s I know you guys always have some kind of answer for everything...so help me out plz :bowdown:

evythefish
09-15-2004, 08:51 PM
check the constant power wire, maybe its loose. I have the same model with no problem

Hooter
09-16-2004, 12:31 AM
if your wiring is nice and solid, (the yellow wire isnt loose anywhere) then check your fuses, sometimes they dont quite blow, but they make just enough contact to work, then they fail, work again, fail, or the fuse box could get full of shat and corrosion and needs a cleaning

H4cK
09-17-2004, 06:35 AM
ok ill pull it out this weekend and see if I can find anything loose. Ill also give the fuse box an inspection, see if anything wrong there. Ill let you guys know.

H4cK
09-26-2004, 07:39 PM
well judt a follow up...
I pulled out the deck etc and checked all the wiring etc...no probs seemed to be visible. I also pulled out each fuse in the box, and checked to see if there were any lose...nada.

put it back in, and it seemed to be working...untill tonight, when it started forming it again. I started up the car, and the deck didnt come on. Just when I was about to curse it...it came on...but all the settings had reset :( As I was about to start resetting it, it went off again :( Im a bit annoyed, and this thing takes me forever to tune :(

Bigrick31
09-27-2004, 02:40 AM
ya know my 6500 is doing the same type of thing right now but i dont have it mountd its just on the floor for then next week or so. whenever it moves a little it resets. it kept doing this untill i plugged in the antena not sure if thats what did it or if it just hanst been moving as much. maybe try that. or make sure that if there are any wires you arnt using that they taped up and not exposed in any way. how do you connect your wires do you tape em us a crimp on connection or soulder them? maybe just undo all of your conections and reconnect them. or there may be a short in your power or ignition wire.

H4cK
09-27-2004, 06:27 AM
I used tape to connect the wires. I think I should reconnect them using crimps though...

Bigrick31
09-27-2004, 04:10 PM
you should because when the tape gets hot from the power current it will start melting onto your wires and i beleive that that can cause problems with the (shoot cant think of the word for it) but the flow of energy through the wires. try the crimps and see if there is a difference.

Apoc
09-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Is your battery weak? sometimes this happens to me if the battery gets run down and then I shutoff the car? Just a suggestion.

H4cK
09-28-2004, 07:08 PM
the battery is pretty new. but the funny thing is, it cuts off when im driving :s
A friend suggested I run a new wire for the power directly to the battery.

ighettoboyi
09-28-2004, 10:23 PM
you guys don't think it's internal?

H4cK
09-28-2004, 10:35 PM
well when I run the wire directly to the battery that should determine!?
at any rate the supplier I got it from has a 1year warranty, and pioneer has 2 years warranty, so returning shouldnt be a problem.

H4cK
09-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Just a lil update. I checked out my battery terminals, and the pos (+) terminal seemed to be a lil slack. So I did a lil tightning to it, and the deck hasnt cut of yet. That was done last night BTW. Lets see how long it will stay on :/

H4cK
10-01-2004, 07:09 PM
OK it did it again!!!

I noticed something, dont know if it makes any sense, but here it is. The deck worked fine for about 2 days. While it was working fine I noticed something different about turning it off. When it was "forming the fool", everytime I turned off the car, and took out the key, the deck would beep 5 times. But it wasnt doing this for the past 2 days. All of a sudden its doing it again, and now its going off randomly again :(

Could this be a sign?
What does the 5 beep message mean?

nonahs
10-04-2004, 08:29 PM
I am having a similar problem to you. I installed a new headunit on Sunday night and it was working fine. But when I started the car on monday all the stations had reset so I set them back. I then worked for 9 hours got in my car and the stations were still there. Then tuesday morning I hopped in my car and when I started it my head unit had reset again. All that I can think of is that the battery loses power after about 10 hours of non use or because my car is old and takes a few seconds longer to start than most cars when it is cold which causes the headunit to reset.

Jamesr316
10-06-2004, 03:23 AM
check your ground connection. if you disconnect the ground from your battery, you will lose all settings as well. maybe it needs to be tightened.

H4cK
10-06-2004, 06:21 AM
good point, checked it, seems ok. Im gonna run some fresh power and ground over the weekend, see if that works out, but for now it hasnt reset in like 5 days...