PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-9813 power fuse rating

Cosmic Charlie
09-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Hey all, I did a search and came up empty. I have an Alpine CDA 9813 that I have been running just amps off the preouts. Now I want to run the internal amp, I was wondering what size fuse I should use on my power wire. The manual reccomends a 10g fused wire to the battery, but I could not find the fuse rating. The wire harness that comes with the HU has a little plastic box inline with the power wire with a fuse and I guess a choke or filter in it, is this adequate or do I have to add a seperate fuse?. Thanks in advance CC

req
09-10-2004, 12:13 PM
the fuse should already be in the FUSE BOX in your car for the 12v power wire (usually 16awg) for the stereo (red and orange wires, red is 12v switched, and orange is 12v memory i belive). you should just be able to hook the bare wires for the front\rear\left\right wires respectivly directly to your coaxials...

you shouldnt need to fuse the head unit.

TypeRBass
09-12-2005, 07:44 AM
my wiring harness that came with my 9813 has a 20amp fuse on the power wire coming out of the head unit....in a big ugly gray alpine boxy fuseholder on the wire.