PDA

View Full Version : 2 Sets 6.5' Fullrange Speakers

Juiced
09-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Ok guys i've gotten tired of the SPL scene i'm looking for 2 sets of descent 6.5" full range peakers for doors and rear section. Nothing too expensive maybe some Sony, RF. or other ok stuff something i can buy locally (so when i blow it up i can get it exchanged). if you got any ideas i would appreciate the input.

If It will help any i would like to run themoff my Panasonic CQ-9300u and not another amp (trying to reduce weight race season is upon us) so preffered range would be 30-60 watts RMS.

I'm also pulling my two 12" XXX's (donated to little bro's 02' SS) and going with a single Eclipse 12" (found in garage after i cleaned it out) so i'm not looking to go crazy just good SQ.

squeak9798
09-07-2004, 12:42 PM
If you are buying them locally......then why are you asking us :) Seriously, just go around to your local dealers and listen to the sets yourself. Buy whichever pair is in your budget and sounds the best to you.

My only advice is to stay away from brands like Sony, Audiobahn, Boss, Pyle, etc etc. Stick with quality brands like Alpine, Pioneer, Infinity, Boston Acoustics, MB Quart, etc etc.

Juiced
09-07-2004, 01:07 PM
cause my local dealers are pieces of S***T... i went into a local shop to buy a new distrubution block they guy started talking crap on my XXX 12's (saying they were No name POS) so i turned them up and showed him what was up. I don't like dealing with these guys.
By locally i mean somewhere in driving distance upto 150 Miles i don't wan to have to ship things back and forth for service etc.

And The Problem with most of the local shops is that they look like an e-Bay Outlet Center all you see is BOSS, PYLE, PYRAMID, & 02-03 Sony Products.

You Guys have steared me in the right direction before with my subs and Comps i just need a more tame setup now.

Berry47
09-07-2004, 02:08 PM
look at the cdt coaxials they should work great.

bri487
09-07-2004, 02:51 PM
i personally like the diamond M361i's (which i have some right now). other ones that i have used that sound great are rainbows, and the pioneer ts-d160r's are awesome. it all depends on your budget and how much power you have, but most of all what sounds good to you. nobody else can tell you that.

Juiced
09-07-2004, 03:17 PM
ok Here are some that i'm thinking about.

Rockford Fosgate T162C's
Kicker K65's
Alpine SPR 174a's
Infinity Kappa's 625.5i's
Kenwood Excelon KFCX178's
Jl TR 650-CXI's
Polk DB 650's
JBL Power Series P632

I'm just looking for some clean sound from my car; no more earth shaking bass. mainly some mids's and descent highs. i'll mix and match if you all think it will be better the front one's will be at knee level and the rears will be about 6 inces or so away from the persons head.