PDA

View Full Version : new door speakers

webgemr12
09-04-2004, 05:46 PM
i wanna replace my door speakers but im not sure wat kind i want. i wanna put 6.5 components up front and 6.5 coaxials in the rear and run an amp to them. my price range is around $1000 and im gonna do my own installation. if u dont mind just put down a sugestion for what ud do so i can get some ideas. thanks

squeak9798
09-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Honestly, I'd go for horns. But some components to check out:

Focal
MB Quart
Boston Acoustics
Image Dynamics
Arc Audio
Rainbow
DLS

And then there is the possibility of going DIY with something like Morel, Scanspeak, Seas, Max Fidelity, etc etc. Personally, if you are definitely going with comps I'd go the DIY route. Get some Scanspeak Rev 6.5s and Morel Supremos or something like that.

And FYI, unless you are going surround sound forget about rear fill and put that money towards the front speakers and amp.

Einzee
09-04-2004, 07:11 PM
The easiest would be to replace your door speakers with ones of a matching size. I get the impression that you might add more to this at a later time. I reommend that while you have your doors apart to go ahead and apply some deadner. If you are pulling in new wires for the door speakers, go ahead and pull an extra set in with them. That is something that has become habit for me. I would also buy power wire that is heavy enough to run 3-4 mid sized amps. If you add on later, the wiring is already there. Same with your RCA's. I would run three sets at one time even if the current configuration only uses one of them. A little preplanning for a future system will make future installs alot easier.