PDA

View Full Version : Midbass Driver

phrozen5100
09-02-2004, 10:32 PM
I recently got some of my stolen stuff back and since I already have my subs I was thinking about using a 10" Comp VR as a midbass driver. I was also contemplating the Koda 8, but I'd only be able to send that 75w. Any advice? Or anybody know how well the Comp VR performs as a midbass driver?

phrozen5100
09-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Oh yea, if I used the Koda 8, I'd have it positioned between my seats and it would need to be able to keep up with dual Tempests...

EFFENDI
09-03-2004, 02:07 AM
I hope your signature is a joke, because otherwise I would suggest upgrading your front stage before adding a midbass.

The Koda 8"s will easily keep up with the Tempests. I dont think you have anything to worry about there. The Koda is much better designed for use as a midbass driver, because of it high frequency extension, but also makes an excellent subwoofer as well. Comparing it to a RE 8" well again, it is designed for use as a subwoofer, but requires slightly less enclosure volume than the Koda.

I oppose the use of a 10" as a midbass, especially when its a purpose-built subwoofer, as the CompVR is.

If you need more info, talk to Steve or Dan at Adire Audio. www.adireaudio.com

Norcalracer283
09-03-2004, 02:13 AM
Kodas are the best

EFFENDI
09-03-2004, 02:45 AM
Kodas are the best
X2 ^

You are right in so many ways it should be wrong...

squeak9798
09-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Midbass is in stereo. You would need two of them. It would not sound good only having a single midbass driver in the middle of your car.

EFFENDI
09-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Point taken, looks like what he really wants is a sub then.
As I mentioned before, if you are having a problem with midbass, the first place to start with is the front stage....

phrozen5100
09-03-2004, 10:41 PM
I have CL-5Xs up front. I still have to amp them up but I'm waiting for some wire and to make an amp rack for my speaker amp. The Cl-5Xs sound nice but my Tempests completely overpower them. The midbass isn't too bad from the CL-5Xs until I turn my sub volume up a bit. Does anybody know of some good 5.25s with good midbass response that can handle about 75w? The idea of having a little Koda between my seats still sounds pretty tempting...