PDA

View Full Version : Deck running a sub

bigcarbigsound
09-02-2004, 01:19 AM
Now I'm running a Pioneer DEH-P7600MO and they claim that it can run a sub of the rear channels bridged. Now I'm not stupid enough to actually beleive that would work very well. But I was just curious to see if anyone has trtied it for kicks and what it did.

bass maniak
09-02-2004, 02:27 AM
idk bout that one.
maybe if the sub you are running is like 50 watts rms and you have low passfilters n stuff.
even if i wouldnt do it.

supa_c
09-02-2004, 02:32 AM
dont bother,unless it has a high sensitivity and is small

Norcalracer283
09-02-2004, 02:33 AM
yep...thats just stupid

bigcarbigsound
09-03-2004, 02:16 AM
I never said it was a good idea I was just curious

Depression
09-03-2004, 03:14 AM
I was curious about the same thing a few weeks ago and got the BIG NO..The answer is essentially that "YOU CAN DO IT BUT SHOULDN'T"....Just get an affordable amp..don't try to cut corners.......... it will sound 10 times better than a H/U being over stressed trying to run a subwoofer..thats what AMPS are for

bigcarbigsound
09-08-2004, 02:28 AM
Lol yea I allready knew that

adam71
09-08-2004, 12:59 PM
they claim that it can run a sub of the rear channels bridged.

Who is THEY?? Pioneer? I've never seen a deck that Pioneer recommended bridging ANY channels of the internal amp. Reason being that there is enough heat generated inside a head unit at normal operations. Bridging 2 of the channels would kill your head unit for sure. :smokin:

squeak9798
09-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Who is THEY?? Pioneer? I've never seen a deck that Pioneer recommended bridging ANY channels of the internal amp. Reason being that there is enough heat generated inside a head unit at normal operations. Bridging 2 of the channels would kill your head unit for sure. :smokin:

I don't know about the newer models, but I know for a fact that my Premier DEH-P600 listed in the owner's/installation manual that you could bridge the rear two channels of the deck's internal amp to a sub and get 70w RMS out of it (bridged). Unfortunately the Pioneer doesn't have the owner's or installation manual on their webpage, or I'd link you to it. But yes, Pioneer did infact recommend doing it (or atleast stated that it was possible).

ANeonRider
09-08-2004, 01:11 PM
I am with squeak on this too, I have seen it too. Wouldn't do it though.

adam71
09-08-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't know about the newer models, but I know for a fact that my Premier DEH-P600 listed in the owner's/installation manual that you could bridge the rear two channels of the deck's internal amp to a sub and get 70w RMS out of it (bridged). Unfortunately the Pioneer doesn't have the owner's or installation manual on their webpage, or I'd link you to it. But yes, Pioneer did infact recommend doing it (or atleast stated that it was possible).

I stand corrected bit(h !! LOL. It seems hard to believe they would recommend such a stupid thing though. NOT because of lack of power issues, but because of the heat generated inside of the deck. I don't use my deck's internal amp and it still generates heat just because its power is on (not being driven) but still on. Thats why I love the feature that Clarion put into a few of their decks where you could go into the settings and turn the internal amp off.

loserpunk
09-12-2004, 12:08 AM

the new pioneers do it too....same power.....worthless idea unless you wanna run like a single re8 maybe....even then it's way underpowered

req
09-12-2004, 01:36 AM
wouldnt you get mad clipping at moderate volumes trying to **** power with less resistance than 4ohms from a HU - along with tons of heat and like... no power output - even compared to a walmart amp??

it would cost you like $30 to get a "100w amp" from walmart. if you cant spend the cash for a good amp, go buy a realllllly cheap on off ebay for $50 and save your money. or better yet, sell that amp to some shmoe after your done with it!!!

give him a crappy boss sub off ebay you can get for like $30 and install it + the amp for like $250... ROFL >_<

then you get money, you dont have crappy equip laying around, and you get to play with somone elses car!!!

thats always a good way to go

jellyfish420
09-12-2004, 01:19 PM
wouldnt you get mad clipping at moderate volumes trying to **** power with less resistance than 4ohms from a HU - along with tons of heat and like... no power output - even compared to a walmart amp??

it would cost you like $30 to get a "100w amp" from walmart. if you cant spend the cash for a good amp, go buy a realllllly cheap on off ebay for $50 and save your money. or better yet, sell that amp to some shmoe after your done with it!!!

give him a crappy boss sub off ebay you can get for like $30 and install it + the amp for like $250... ROFL >_<

then you get money, you dont have crappy equip laying around, and you get to play with somone elses car!!!

thats always a good way to go
i don't like ripping people off. even if i don't like them

packerfan
09-12-2004, 02:01 PM
My subs are hooked up to my HU, sound decent for what it is....two wimpy pyramid 10s in a large ported box.