PDA

View Full Version : pioneer 860mp problems

TwistedMovistar
09-01-2004, 08:55 PM
i got my 860mp from ebay for 330. about 6-7 months ago. it has been working fine but now i have noticed a few probs. for starters one night i push the eject button and nothing happend, i did this a total of about 10 times and nothing happeneds, i let it sit while i go into a party, i came out and it acts fine when i press the eject button. it has done this about 2 times but it corrects itself over aboutan hours time. the new thing that i have noticed is that it gets louder in short burts of 10 to 15 secs. this happends on a cd or radio. it sounds like i increased the volume about 3 notches. anyone ever heard of these problems or had them.

BASS OUTLAW
09-01-2004, 09:00 PM
not me, but might be over heated or so-----> or dust inside which stopped the button from touching the surface of the electronic board.<-- more likely

TwistedMovistar
09-01-2004, 09:16 PM
i am not sure but neither of those have occured lately, i will admit , it does take a beating(vibrations from a 12 magnum with 1500 and lately a 15 brahma sealed with 1500) mabye that is it i am gonna run a lens cleaner thru it, other than that it is a realy solid h/u

iceteebone
09-01-2004, 09:25 PM
i got my 860mp from ebay for 330. about 6-7 months ago. it has been working fine but now i have noticed a few probs. for starters one night i push the eject button and nothing happend, i did this a total of about 10 times and nothing happeneds, i let it sit while i go into a party, i came out and it acts fine when i press the eject button. it has done this about 2 times but it corrects itself over aboutan hours time. the new thing that i have noticed is that it gets louder in short burts of 10 to 15 secs. this happends on a cd or radio. it sounds like i increased the volume about 3 notches. anyone ever heard of these problems or had them.

just a suggestion but maybe your problem of it increasing in sound might be that auto sound level adjustment. mess around with that see if that helps.

BASS OUTLAW
09-01-2004, 09:28 PM
i am not sure but neither of those have occured lately, i will admit , it does take a beating(vibrations from a 12 magnum with 1500 and lately a 15 brahma sealed with 1500) mabye that is it i am gonna run a lens cleaner thru it, other than that it is a realy solid h/u
and hey am not talking about the lens. or CD , or VOL
am talkin about the EJECT thing

BASS OUTLAW
09-01-2004, 09:29 PM
just a suggestion but maybe your problem of it increasing in sound might be that auto sound level adjustment. mess around with that see if that helps.
yes am with you ----> but still dusty lens can cause this one ;)

TwistedMovistar
09-01-2004, 09:33 PM
as soon as i thought about the post i mad i did see that my asl (automatic source level) was on (my dumb ***) so that takes care of half of it. now i wonder what would keep the face from at least folding down when i hit the eject button, it beeps to tell me that i have pressed the button but that is it , when it gets in this *****y mode. (only twice)

BASS OUTLAW
09-01-2004, 09:41 PM
as soon as i thought about the post i mad i did see that my asl (automatic source level) was on (my dumb ***) so that takes care of half of it. now i wonder what would keep the face from at least folding down when i hit the eject button, it beeps to tell me that i have pressed the button but that is it , when it gets in this *****y mode. (only twice)
try blowing air inside it (this trick works sometimes)

Shinobi
09-05-2004, 11:15 PM
new decks have so many feature's be sure to read the manual before you start playign withem it helps ;)

adam71
09-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Do you take your faceplate off every time you get out of the car.?? The reason I ask is because the contacts can get dusty and not make good contact. My older deck (DEH-P920R) had that problem and sometimes my display wouldn't come on at all. So I removed my faceplate, cleaned the contacts on the unit and the plate and it worked fine. After that I hardly ever removed my faceplate. :)

JL-Scheffsky
09-07-2004, 01:45 AM
Haha thats funny u say that.... i have the same deck andi got it off ebay for alittle less and my has stuck 2 times....... But time didnt fix mine.... i had to mess around with it... i am hoping this isnt a trend because if that **** starts to happen i am going to take it out and throw it through that dude window at 70 mph...

JL-Scheffsky
09-07-2004, 01:47 AM
But what i did to fix mine... the nub that u can change disc i just pushed it down 2 times and it poped open... that may of had nothing to do with it but hey worked 2 times to get it open.