PDA

View Full Version : Networked Mode vs Standard Mode

bitwise
09-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Can anyone explain to me the benefit of Networked Mode (NW) vs Standard Mode (STD) in a Pioneer Premier HU? I have a 940MP, and I read up on NW and apparently it separartes the preouts into high/mid/low signals instead of front/rear/sub. I will be getting my components this week hopefully, and an amp in the near future. I have no sub at the moment, but that will come down the line at some point.

So as it stands right now I am still using STD, and will have the 6.5 components run off a 2 chan amp soon, and run the rear fill (4x6) off the deck, if at all.

Any advice is appreciated!

TIA

Bigrick31
09-01-2004, 09:50 AM
ive never used that pioneer hu before i got the 6500mp but on mine i have one preout for the sub and then one for front and one for back. anyways it sounds like from what you described that using network mode would be best if you had an acatual component set. where you could set only mids to go to your comps and have only highs going to different speakers. that way you wouldnt get any distortion by sending to high or to low of frequencies to any of your speakers. and then you could adjust each speaker sepratly instead of when you make adjustments it affecting all of your speakers. however this sound like it would only be good if running atleast 3 amps. one for sub one for mids and one for highs. if you wernt going to be running the 3 amps it and you had it in nw mode it may cancell out you highs as there would be no rcas in that spot to hook to your speakers. so in that case i would run it in standard mode. atleast untill i got another amp if that was what i wanted. because in standard i would get the mix of highs and mids in my standard preouts while still getting my lows on the sub preout.

bitwise
09-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks Bigrick. Does that mean you wouldnt use the crossovers that came with the components, or the crossovers on the amp iteslf at all? I wonder what crossovers would be better? The components I am getting are the CDT CF-EF61 with 1" tweeter and 560 x-over. The amp I am looking to power those is the Cadence z8000.

Thanks again for your help.

squeak9798
09-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Unless you really know what you are doing, it would be better to use the crossovers that came with the component set. For 1) they have been designed to optimize the performance of the speakers, 2) many times they include "extras" that you can't get with electronics crossovers (zobel network, tweeter protection, etc), and 3rd if you give a speaker too much power with the wrong crossover point you can easily blow it (that relates back to the "really know what you are doing" statement). The only crossover you should need to use is a highpass for the mids.