PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Maxima SE Amp/Headunit Install help

DcMaN
08-31-2004, 10:37 PM
i just need to know a few things. Which dash kit is needed for the headunit install if needed at all. Where should i ground the amp to once everything else is done. and where should i run the power through, i think theirs a rubber grommit by the power steering pump if im not mistaking i just want to confirm this. And if theirs anything else i should need to know feel free to tell me asap thanks. My friend said that he grounded the amp to one of the bolts underneath the seats. Would some one be so kind and tell me how to remove the seats step by step thanks.

unrealii
09-02-2004, 02:58 AM
i just need to know a few things. Which dash kit is needed for the headunit install if needed at all. Where should i ground the amp to once everything else is done. and where should i run the power through, i think theirs a rubber grommit by the power steering pump if im not mistaking i just want to confirm this. And if theirs anything else i should need to know feel free to tell me asap thanks. My friend said that he grounded the amp to one of the bolts underneath the seats. Would some one be so kind and tell me how to remove the seats step by step thanks.
You can go to any car stereo shop and they can look up which dash kit you need. There are several different brands of dash kits, i dont know which is the best. I dont know about the gromet for the power wire. Try posting this at www.maxima.org. Where are you mounting your amp? I mounted mine in the trunk, so I drilled a hole and took the paint off around it. For the seats, you disconnect any power connectors then unbolt them. Do you have the bose system? If you do, it may reqiure some more work to install the radio/amp.