PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarms...

BDIDDY
08-31-2004, 09:22 AM
My dad just said the other day he would help me buy an alarm if it had something on it that dealt with proximity or how close someone gets to it. I also want the pager on it, so I can actually know when it is going off.

Thanks for the help....

jellyfish420
08-31-2004, 04:47 PM
???so whats the question? or were just making the statement that your getting an alarm?

Einzee
08-31-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm assuming that you're asking for direction here. For the alarm w/ pager, I would go with Autopage. That's a company thats been around for a while. I've also installed a few when I worked at a shop. I have a concern about you confronting a possible thief. Let's say that your pager goes off and you go running. You may end up looking down the barrel of a gun. Enough said about that. That's what insurance is for. Instead of the pager model from Autopage, get the one with remote start. It's actually a better show off accessory than a pager. And it won't get ya killed. Now for the perimiter alarm most shops carry them or can get them. I know them as "mass motion detector". They are usually a simple 3 wire hook up. And while you're at it, purchase a power window control module. When the mass motion detector is set off, your windows will roll up automatically. Trust me, you,ll have the coolest alarm on the block. One more thing I forgot, get an extra siren. One is loud but two is even louder. And if they are different, the noise they put out together will be unique and you will definately know that it's your alarm. Well that's my input. Good luck.

BDIDDY
09-01-2004, 10:08 AM
I'm assuming that you're asking for direction here. For the alarm w/ pager, I would go with Autopage. That's a company thats been around for a while. I've also installed a few when I worked at a shop. I have a concern about you confronting a possible thief. Let's say that your pager goes off and you go running. You may end up looking down the barrel of a gun. Enough said about that. That's what insurance is for. Instead of the pager model from Autopage, get the one with remote start. It's actually a better show off accessory than a pager. And it won't get ya killed. Now for the perimiter alarm most shops carry them or can get them. I know them as "mass motion detector". They are usually a simple 3 wire hook up. And while you're at it, purchase a power window control module. When the mass motion detector is set off, your windows will roll up automatically. Trust me, you,ll have the coolest alarm on the block. One more thing I forgot, get an extra siren. One is loud but two is even louder. And if they are different, the noise they put out together will be unique and you will definately know that it's your alarm. Well that's my input. Good luck.

Sorry I didnt get to explain myself better, I was in first period and the teacher wanted me to get off. Here's the deal, my dad wants me to get an alarm because I have put alot of money into my car and I'm only 17, money doesnt come very easily. The deal though is I have a 84 cutlass and to the insurance that is only worth 600. We do have fire, theft, and glass breakage so I guess that's a little comforting. I already told my dad that I wanted about 4 sirens so that will be taken care of. I'm not sure about the door locks and everything you are talking about because I have power nothing. All I wanted is that "mass motion detector" and something that goes beep beep when I push the button. Now the questions, how much am I looking at to spend? How long does it take to install? Does it crowd the interior of my car up with sensors and bullshit or can you make it look stock? Even if I don't have power to anyting will it still signal me it's set, like beep beep, ?

Thanks alot for the help...

jellyfish420
09-04-2004, 12:03 AM
my brother has the motion detector in his camero and i still haven't seen the sensor. as for beep, beep all alarms will chirp the siren to let you know you activated/deactivated it, unless you set it otherwise. can you read a wiring diagram? if so it shouldn't be that hard to wire up. just find all the right color wires, theyre all under the dash. i think its easy, but then again i have an unfair advantage, i went to school for electonics.
as for the cost i don't know i got mine for $100. but it has no motion sensor. i think my bother paid about 4 bills, but he had his installed. i don see why you need the motion sensor unless you leave your car with the windows down all the time, and in that case, shame on you.

BDIDDY
09-04-2004, 11:54 AM
my brother has the motion detector in his camero and i still haven't seen the sensor. as for beep, beep all alarms will chirp the siren to let you know you activated/deactivated it, unless you set it otherwise. can you read a wiring diagram? if so it shouldn't be that hard to wire up. just find all the right color wires, theyre all under the dash. i think its easy, but then again i have an unfair advantage, i went to school for electonics.
as for the cost i don't know i got mine for $100. but it has no motion sensor. i think my bother paid about 4 bills, but he had his installed. i don see why you need the motion sensor unless you leave your car with the windows down all the time, and in that case, shame on you.

My dad just said something about the motion sensor. I was figuring that it went off if you got close to the car... But then if someone had to open there car door next to mine I guess it would go off. I don't really care how much it is, I just want something that I will like. Something that has the pager, really sensitive sensors, and a good 4 loud *** sirens. I'll keep trying to find something and look up that one you suggested. If you know that best place to find one on the web just let me know....

Thanks..

joshpoints
09-05-2004, 07:22 PM

You're presuming that peole on here don't carry weapons. If some day I'm allowed to carry a concealed weapons (which in unlikely in CA) thiefs better watch out.

Einzee
09-06-2004, 06:02 AM
You're presuming that peole on here don't carry weapons. If some day I'm allowed to carry a concealed weapons (which in unlikely in CA) thiefs better watch out.

Well as long as you stay out of trouble (or don't get caught) getting a CCW license isn't too dificult. My dad has one.

Einzee
09-06-2004, 06:02 AM
tencharact

jellyfish420
09-06-2004, 11:48 AM
My dad just said something about the motion sensor. I was figuring that it went off if you got close to the car... But then if someone had to open there car door next to mine I guess it would go off. I don't really care how much it is, I just want something that I will like. Something that has the pager, really sensitive sensors, and a good 4 loud *** sirens. I'll keep trying to find something and look up that one you suggested. If you know that best place to find one on the web just let me know....

Thanks..
the motion sensor in his camero is a dual stage sensor, if you walk by the car, park next to it, etc...it beeps once to let you know theres an alarm, it only goes off when you get up on the car, or reach in, it has an adjustment so that you can turn the sensitivity up or down.

BDIDDY
09-07-2004, 09:26 AM
the motion sensor in his camero is a dual stage sensor, if you walk by the car, park next to it, etc...it beeps once to let you know theres an alarm, it only goes off when you get up on the car, or reach in, it has an adjustment so that you can turn the sensitivity up or down.

I probably will get one of those then. Thanks for the help, I'ma start trying to find out some information and hopefully order something...

Thanks again...

AnabolicEli
01-05-2005, 10:54 PM

Luckily I live in the part of Cali with the highest adminstration of CCW liscenses :) :)

Kern County (republican place)

At the moment though, I have a high powered Pellet HandGun. With around 560 Fps I think. Automatic 10 Shot Sharp Pellets. It has a laser on it. That thing will kill a person if shot. I have shot it at animals, pumpkins.. and it kills those animals straight away, and blows the back out of big pumpkins.. and I mean a big HOle.

So I'm prepared to run out my door at night with laser in their eyes. They'll **** their pants when I start shooting off the 10 Round automatic. (that sucker is loud as hell too)
(lol, I have throwing knives too, and I'm **** good with them) :D

Other than that I think the Mass Motion Sensor will be a nuisance on your car....