PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What 6.5's would you choose

Norcalracer283
08-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Heres the speakers i am still debating over...i want the best sound quality when running off a HU. I want a tweeter that wont get harsh and a good midbass response.

CAMSHAFT
08-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Focal's are nice but Morels are better!!

www.morel.co.il

mbacis
08-31-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm running the Kappa 6-3/4" off my HU right now and they sound pretty good, however the highs are a bit harsh and with a rating of 75W RMS they really should get more power than the HU can give. With the windows down going 70mph it's a fine line between having sufficient volume and reaching a distorted signal. I'll have mine on an amp after this weekend.

You'd probably be better off with the Reference series if you want to go Infinity without an amp. That would save you a few $$ too.

Depression
08-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Personally I would choose DYNAUDIOS... ID chameleons or CDT's.but the FOCAL are a good choice of that list. DYNAUDIO is my favorite all time Component set...exept I cannot afford even thier cheapest speakers

Trixter
09-03-2004, 05:37 PM
If your interested, in deal with Diamond. My wife doesn't like the MB's in my car due to their "harshness". What we're going to do with her is get a set of the Diamond M6's and a tweeter for the Hex series....since the hex's have silk tweets. If your interested in doing something like this let me know and I can get you a price.

Another nice thing about the Diamonds is they have that %15 rear fill out on the x-over. In other words, you can run a 100w x 2 amp to them and they will get 85w and the rears will get 15w (of full range) when hooked up.