PDA

View Full Version : MP3 CDs on Eclipse HU

z00mz00m
08-26-2004, 07:18 PM
my friend has a 2003 model Eclipse 5423, it doesn't play MP3's and he has a ton of cds that he wants to combine into like 1 or 2 MP3 CDs.. he found out that you could by an "Ecom" system or something to play them, and get GPS etc.. but its like 500 bucks....

is there anything else he can look into that would be cheaper? how bout an mp3 changer that plays mp3 cds?

Thanks guys

JLCivic
08-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Get an ipod type device and run it through the aux in. Eclipse doesn't make an mp3 changer.

z00mz00m
08-26-2004, 11:05 PM
does it have to be an eclipse cd changer for it to work? i've heard of people using alpine changers on their stock bose units in cars like mine..

anybody else care to offer a solution? we need something cheap, as long as it plays the mp3 cds

JLCivic
08-27-2004, 06:16 AM
does it have to be an eclipse cd changer for it to work? i've heard of people using alpine changers on their stock bose units in cars like mine..

anybody else care to offer a solution? we need something cheap, as long as it plays the mp3 cds

You would have to use an eclipse changer with an eclipse deck(as you would have to use an alpine changer with alpine deck, etc...unless you are going to run it through FM, then it doesn't matter).