PDA

View Full Version : need advice on 6x9's

flat jr
08-25-2004, 12:06 PM
i already have an 800W RMS sub with amp, looking for 6x9's for the rear, any suggestions for what i should get? kind of low to midrange budget.no more than $150 on the 6x9's.... unsure if i should get 3-ways or something else since i have enough bass already

currently looking at Kicker K693 or
Rockford Fosgate HPC2369

thanks for the help

squeak9798
08-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Are your front speakers upgraded yet? If not, upgrade those first.

ANeonRider
08-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Are your front speakers upgraded yet? If not, upgrade those first.

werd, front speakers are much much more important than rears. Hell I am removing mine tonight.

flat jr
08-25-2004, 01:47 PM
im plannin to get Kicker 03DX60 6 1/2" 2-Way Coaxial Speakers for the front
and Kicker 03DX69 6" x 9" 3-Way Coaxial Speakers for the rear with
either 2channel HiFonics Warrior Hawk 50W x 2 RMS amp or
Kicker 04KX100.2 2 Channel Stereo Amplifier
which amp should i get?
is the amp sufficent for both the front and the rear speakers?

over all you think its a good system with the 800w sub?

thanks for the imput

ANeonRider
08-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Take the money you planned to spend on the 6x9's and use it to purchase a nice set of components for the front. You'll thank me later.

squeak9798
08-25-2004, 05:20 PM
Take the money you planned to spend on the 6x9's and use it to purchase a nice set of components for the front. You'll thank me later.

Agreed. Get a decent set of components with a nice 75w+ x 2 amp and it will be much better than two pairs of co-axials.

Hooter
08-26-2004, 01:20 AM
think of it this way, do you watch a concert with your back turned towards the stage? then why would you want more sound coming from behind you then in the front? Some people still have the "hey the amplified 6x9s in my 79 Camaro used to sound awesome with my shaft alpine tape player, especially when twisting the new Aldo Nova dude"! :peace: Thats not how things are anymore, if you look around, most of the guys who are winning sq now a days dont even have rear speakers anymore, in the world of Stereo car audio (meaning two dedacated right and left channels) having awesome front speakers will be all you need, it will still be a few years until full surround in cars will be getting popular but for now 95% of music os recorded in stereo so having more then two speakers usually just garbles up the original sound that the artist and producer were trying to reproduce in the first place, yes I am A SQueer and I like it that way