PDA

View Full Version : Aany experience with this DIY-tailored DEI alarm?

sumone
08-24-2004, 02:32 AM
DEI Rattler DIY 210D (http://www.cardomain.com/item/DEI322R)

seems too good to be true. 99 bucks plus shipping and says it's specifically made for you to do it yourself...

Now you don't have to spend a fortune or get an Engineering degree to have premium theft protection for your vehicle. Leave it to the engineers at DEI to come up with an affordable, easy-to-install security system that doesn't skimp on quality or functionality. The new Rattler DIY (for "Do-It-Yourself") series is made specifically for the novice handyman, and features a computer CD-ROM with step-by-step installation video and comprehensive illustrated instructions. Plus, you get free access to DEI's comprehensive installation database, with thousands of vehicle wiring diagrams, wire locations, and color codes (access it time-limited).

For about 100-120 dollars, this seems good and I'm pretty much tempted to buy it, but does anyone have any experience with it? It's DEI, and I've heard they're supposed to be one of the best. Plus I'd like to get to know how to hook up alarms and this could be a pretty good start?

What do you think? Should I buy it?

Slody4Futbol
08-24-2004, 09:29 AM
it's not a bad alarm at all, just depends on quality of the install.. if done correctly you should have no problems... i used 2 install them all the time at circuit city when we used to sell DEI :-( now we just sell code alarm and i hate 'em...

sumone
08-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Ok, in all respects, do you think it really is easy enough for a first-time alarm-installer to hook it up (correctly)?

sumone
08-24-2004, 04:05 PM
ah, whatever, I bought it (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48611&item=5716366379&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW). (310d model; security & keyless entry) for 60 bucks and free installation, worth a try...

Slody4Futbol
08-24-2004, 10:49 PM
what kinda car ?

sumone
08-25-2004, 02:02 AM
2000 malibu. no alarm on it but there's a sticker that says equipped with dei remote start under the hood. don't know if that means I have it or that it is just compatible.

Slody4Futbol
08-25-2004, 09:29 AM
either you have it... or it's been on there b4... but it's not a hard car really...