PDA

View Full Version : need speaker suggestions.

IshbOO
08-23-2004, 12:45 AM
I have to replace my front speakers in my 93 yukon. I was thinking of getting a pair of Infinity ref 4x6 speakers. They are 2-45w rms, think the Alpine CDA-9830 HU 18w rms/4 chan could put enough power to them to make them sound nice, until i do get an amp? Or should I settle with some smaller 25w rms speakers?

I also may need 2 4x10 speakers for the back of the yukon, unless you have some other suggestions from the stock config setup of the vehicle.
Which is 2 4x6 in front, 2 4x10 on back cieling.

Need speakers to sound good and clear, with 2 12"s that I will soon be buying.

squeak9798
08-23-2004, 01:01 AM
http://bostonacoustics.com/ca_product.asp?ProductID=91&CategoryID=14 <----best 4x6's I've encountered so far. Definitely give them a looksy.

As for high quality 4x10.....good luck. I think main brands like Pioneer or Alpine will be your best bet. Not a whole lot of companies still make 4x10s (that I know of).

IshbOO
08-23-2004, 01:13 AM
Yea, I want some good sound quality through out the truck considering my subs are spl. But dont have all that much money at the moment to spend on speakers, I also am considering taking out the 4x10s in the back and installing something in the door/ or thoughs one kick panel pieces. then mainly have a little sound qaulity up front, back will be all bass. Got any suggestions for some swaps to get rid of the stock 4x10s in the back cieling?

Depression
08-23-2004, 02:24 AM
IMPORTANT
one of the biggest mistakes "WE" 1988-1998 Chevy/GMC truck owners make is thinking those Infinity's will fit...They Do Not..Not because of the mounting depth but the Magnets are too large for our Stock 4X6 locations. If you do not believe me then check it out for yourself..CRUTCHFIELD is a good research spot.
Others speaker choice opinions are great but Make sure that they will fit first. You have more options in the rear than the front..After 3 years of Research I found the POLK DB460's to be the best speaker for the job. But Trust me..The Infinity's (which are the best 4X6 choice with most RMS of all 4X6 speakers) WILL NOT WORK IN YOUR TRUCK...I remember finding this out the Hard way and it is the same deal for many others!!! In fact..overall you may be better off putting 4" speakers in the front..just because of the wider options available..but I have the Polk DB460's and they are great for that location and size (they have suprisingly good midbass for a 4X6)
GOOD LUCK