PDA

View Full Version : decision to make about new hu

jtomsic
08-21-2004, 07:00 PM
i have to decide between three headunits that ive been looking at, my options are eclipse 8053, alpine CDA-9835, and pioneer premiere DEH-P960MP.

ithe eclipse has the 8v preouts, and the alpine has a bunch of nice features also. im not really looking for a flashy display because its not really my style but the pioneer is nice and my neighbor has the same exact headunit and i love it.

my other equipment includes dual kicker l7s, hifonics brutus, alpine type r comps, and an amp to be named later, what hu would u pick to make the most of this system?

please help make a tough decision easier..

thanx

iceteebone
08-21-2004, 07:06 PM
i have to decide between three headunits that ive been looking at, my options are eclipse 8053, alpine CDA-9835, and pioneer premiere DEH-P960MP.

ithe eclipse has the 8v preouts, and the alpine has a bunch of nice features also. im not really looking for a flashy display because its not really my style but the pioneer is nice and my neighbor has the same exact headunit and i love it.

my other equipment includes dual kicker l7s, hifonics brutus, alpine type r comps, and an amp to be named later, what hu would u pick to make the most of this system?

please help make a tough decision easier..

thanx

i would recommend getting the pioneer 8600. same exact features as the 9600 just different display but the 8600 is cheaper. all 3 would make excellent headunit and i have always been a pioneer fan and my next headunit will be an 8600. would you be interested in a panasonics drx900U? has all the same features as those headunits. reason i'm selling it is because i need a headunit with speaker outputs and this headunit is strictly for amps. asking $225 shipped but i'm willing to listen to offers. i'm so desperate to get this sold i am ruining your thread with my pathetic attempt to make a sale.

jtomsic
08-21-2004, 07:28 PM
do you have pictures of it?

negativezeroz
08-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Yeah I agree with iceteebone on the 8600MP I have the 7600MP and its a great deck...Alpine is just awesome end of statment .....so either 8600MP or 9835 are great choices

audiotech
08-23-2004, 11:32 AM
I'm kind of partial to alpine and pioneer, plus I hear that eclipse makes really great h/u. So whatever you decide, you're going to get a great h/u. If your strapped for cash just get the h/u that is the cheapest, if not, I'd go with the pioneer premier.

3.5Max6spd
08-23-2004, 04:45 PM
8053.....is Eclipse's flagship 8v, 16v balanced output capable -an audiophiles wet dream, everything you could want and more

iceteebone
08-23-2004, 04:53 PM
do you have pictures of it?

i got pics if you would like them i can e-mail them to ya.

optionintegra
08-25-2004, 12:32 AM
i agree iceteebone, i love pioneer's head units they look nice and hold up to their rep. as being a good overall unit

JLCivic
08-25-2004, 04:04 PM
jtomsic, you say the 9835 has a ton of nice features and the eclipse has 8V pre outs. True, the Eclipse does have 8V pre outs, but it also has a ton of features like the 9835(except for mp3 playback).

I have owned an 8053, and it is a truly great sounding deck. I would not hesitate to recommend it. IMO, Eclipses have always sounded better to my ears than any other brands I had owned(alpine, kenwood, pioneer, clarion). The RF 8250 that I have now sounds better than the 8053, imo.