PDA

View Full Version : Running Tweets off the H/U

Depression
08-21-2004, 03:53 AM
In my set up I have the RCA outputs of my Pioneer 9400 on components and sub..1 H/U speaker output on Polk 4X6 in dash..Can I..or should I utilize the other Speaker outputs of the H/U on tweets? I figure since I got 25X2 watts just wasting away out of the H/U.... I should try and use them...What about powering tweets in the upper door panels or something?
What if I power 4" components off the H/U..will this distort the REAL components that are amp powered in the doors.
Basically how can I utilize the H/U built in power seperate from my amps jobs..AND NO..........NO REAR FILL FOR ME..The locations are a nightmare to get to!!

supa_c
08-21-2004, 04:00 AM
O.K you have 2 speaks in the dash powered by your H/U.
You have 1 speaker in each door running off an amp.
where are you going to put the 4" comps or the tweets.

squeak9798
08-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Don't even worry about the HU power. 1st off, even if it's *rated* 25w, you'll probably never see more than 10-15w out of it. 2nd, it will be very very hard to get all these different speakers receiving different amounts of power level match well.

There's a reason why some HU's are "deadhead" (no internal amp). Because once you start running everything from external amps, the HU's power is no longer needed.

Depression
08-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Squeak..as always you answer my questions..That is what I am worried about.
I figured I could get something out of the H/U, but if it's pointless then I will save the money for better Comps.