PDA

View Full Version : Advice for powering a set of components.

Mac-Boy
08-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi Guys

Been following this forum for a while now, just got a quick question.

Installing a pair of Kicker resolution RS6.

Two options:
1#
Giving them 240watt per channel I have a four channel amp (Us Acoustics 4085), it does 4x85 at 4ohm or 2x240w (bridged) at 4ohm. And keep my rear door speakers on the HU (Pioneer DEH-8400MP)

2#
Or should i just give them 85watts per channel and stick my rear speakers on the two spare channels?

I know the Kickers like power but would this be two much?
And rear speakers are a pair of 6.5 rockford fosgates, not sure on the specs but they were running off this amp before hand and sounded great. (diff car)

Thanks For any help in this guys.

Btw i drive a Blazer 1997 4 door if that makes a diff.

Matt

Bavarian3
08-20-2004, 09:09 PM
i would run run the front and rears off the 4 channel amp. i wouldnt bridge the amp for the front components unless u were taking out the rears.

squeak9798
08-21-2004, 10:12 AM
I'd bridge the amp and run the rear's off of the HU. No use in wasting the amps power on something that you shouldn't even hear...........

ANeonRider
08-21-2004, 10:14 AM
I would bi-wire the components, if that is an option.

Bavarian3
08-21-2004, 03:17 PM
I'd bridge the amp and run the rear's off of the HU. No use in wasting the amps power on something that you shouldn't even hear...........
then ull have the front components gettin real nice and loud while u have the rears distorting because of the lack of wire, reason why i said dont bridge unless ur taking out the rears.

squeak9798
08-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Tons of people run the rears off of HU power while amping the fronts. During normal listening, the fronts should be singing nice and loud and the rears should still be undistorted and inaudible (to the the front seat passengers). The only time you would have to worry about having the rears distort is if you were getting crazy with the volume knob and cranking it up to "impress your friends" levels.

Puggsley456
08-21-2004, 06:26 PM
I plan on doing the exact same thing. I am going to amplify only the components
(CDT ef-51cv)and leave my front 4" and rear 6x9's off of HU power. The one key is that if you have subs..........Like I do, Install bass blockers on the unamplified speakers to cut out unwanted frequencies.