PDA

View Full Version : ? for all you experts.......

96greencivic
08-19-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm in the process of getting my new set up. Since I'm a newb at this, I've been asking a lot of questions. I have a Kenwood eXcelon X459 HU. I am buying a components for the front, 6X9's rear, sub and amp.

Given those basics, some one told me NOT to get the rear 6X9's as they would ruin the overall SQ. Is that true? Will it muddy the sound? I've also spoken to the local audio sources and they said to get the rear's as it is for the "rear fill".

So I'm confused. Rear speakers or not to replace them?????

BTW I have a 96 Civic Coupe.

ANeonRider
08-19-2004, 02:35 PM
It is kind of personal preference, personally I don't really care for rear speakers. Some would argue that rear fill brings the stage further back to the driver, but if the front stage is correctly aligned, it shouldn't be a problem.

Mark_ab
08-19-2004, 02:43 PM
You forgot the ghey factor. That's my expert opinion on them. Ghey.

EFFENDI
08-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Re: #5 on Jmac's post.

That ***** homie....thats the best reason not to do the whole 6x9s in a box thing.

squeak9798
08-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Re: #5 on Jmac's post.

That ***** homie....thats the best reason not to do the whole 6x9s in a box thing.

You're supposed to secure them down. Not saying that it doesn't **** what happened, but a few screws would have avoided the whole situation. Same thing with sub boxes in a hatch/SUV/station wagon/fold down seat car, the box should be secured to the vehicle so it can not become airborn in an accident.

But back to the topic, the only good reasons to run rear fill is if you always have a ton of rear seat passangers and you want them to hear the music better, or if you are doing a 5.1 surround sound system. Otherwise, no need for them for reasons already stated. It is personal preference though. But in a properly set up system, they aren't necessary.

And ofcourse they shop is going to tell you that you need them....they're trying to move inventory and make some more commission ;)

96greencivic
08-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all of your advice. I almost never cart anyone in the back , so I guess I can forego the new 6X9's. Should I even bother hooking up the OEM 6X9's?

Well I am getting a good deal on my parts. All of the above mentioned parts are $425, but I guess a little less now since I'm not going for the 6X9's.