PDA

View Full Version : Whats better...for coaxials?

Norcalracer283
08-17-2004, 03:38 AM
Right now, i currently have Kicker DX60's. I run a hi pass filter at 100-125 hz depending on what i am playing. I was wondering if Alpine Type S 6.5 inch coaxials would be better speakers. I am looking for nothing but sound quality.

harvey
08-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Right now, i currently have Kicker DX60's. I run a hi pass filter at 100-125 hz depending on what i am playing. I was wondering if Alpine Type S 6.5 inch coaxials would be better speakers. I am looking for nothing but sound quality.

I just sold my Alpine SPS 170A. Not a bad speaker, better than stock. But bass response was poor to non-existant depending on the recording. The tweeter was clear, a litte bright or harsh, again depending on the recording. If your looking for sound quality, I don't think I can recommend these speaker. Go to your local shop and have a listen to something with silk tweeters and you will notice a difference. I just upgraded to components which will provide good sound quality. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you, I bought the Alpines and after 6 months found out there were much better speakers available and took a loss to get something with better sound quality. If it's coaxils you want, I hear the CDTs are pretty good and cheap.