PDA

View Full Version : Making custom front and rear speaker boxes??

flakko
08-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Hello errbody, i gotta question. Since my car doesnt have very big speaker openings front and rear (3.5 in the dash and 4 in the rear) i won't really get much sound out if i go with the stock openings. My friend suggested that i make custom speaker boxes with bigger openings both for the front dash and the rear. sounds interesting. do u think its a good idea? and how do u think itll turn out?

squeak9798
08-15-2004, 05:51 PM
I think you should build some nice kickpanels up front with a decent component set (with an amp) and forget about rear-fill.

Just my opinion though.............

DBfan187
08-15-2004, 05:52 PM
^Agreed.

Check out this for info and help - http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38665

flakko
08-15-2004, 06:17 PM
I think you should build some nice kickpanels up front with a decent component set (with an amp) and forget about rear-fill.

Just my opinion though.............

Ummm hehe...wow

i dont rilly have a lot of time on my hands and i want to get some speakers in as quick as i can. will it be okay if i make sub-like boxes for my speakers for the front to fit my dash? or will the boxes get in the way of my vision and stuff?

thanks for your advice though!! =D

squeak9798
08-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Well, you would have to bolt them down so that they wouldn't kill you in an accident (and I don't know how you feel about drilling holes through your dash). Plus, it would look hillbilly as hell. Not ghetto, downright hillbilly. I really think that they would get in your way vision wise also.

I say screw the boxes. Wait till you have to time/money to take your time and do it right. Hell, I've been waiting almost 2 years to find the time to do a "proper" install of my gear............

flakko
08-15-2004, 06:50 PM
Well, you would have to bolt them down so that they wouldn't kill you in an accident (and I don't know how you feel about drilling holes through your dash). Plus, it would look hillbilly as hell. Not ghetto, downright hillbilly. I really think that they would get in your way vision wise also.

I say screw the boxes. Wait till you have to time/money to take your time and do it right. Hell, I've been waiting almost 2 years to find the time to do a "proper" install of my gear............

Hehe...Hillbilly. Thats funny squeak.

Alrighty i guess i wont go with the box idea then lol. To tell u the truth, i don't trust myself makin kick panels, and i dun wanna spend anymore money on my system (except the speakers of course) i guess ill go with the stock openings in my car. but do u think i could sqeeze 5.25's in the back? I want at least some mid bass in there. 3.5's and 5.25's (with crossovers) off a head unit. duz that sound oaky?

Thanks a lot!!