PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Im new, need advice please.

drft_180sx
08-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi,

Im new to posting on these forums, but I have been researching the forums for about 6 months.

I must say I am very happy to have found you guys, I've learned plenty. Now that I have the money to make the purchases for my car audio, I figured I would run it by you guys first.

My car is a 1988 Madza RX7 (FC), its very small two seater, open hatchback. My main needs are the quality of sound, I don't need anything overpowering. Just Loud CLEAN sound. The front speakers are 4" pointing at my knees :thumbsdo: (i already understand the implications of such a front stage, but I have no intention to customize speaker location, except the tweeters in the A-pillars). The rear speakers are on the shock towers, they come 4", but can fit up to 8".

My current list of items to/did buy:
-Kicker RS4 (2002 Model) Resolution 4" Component Set. <- already purchased!
-Kicker RMB8 (2002 Model) Resolution Midbass 8" Driver (Pair).
-Profile CL640 (Clarus Line) Amp 75W X 4 (4 Ohms, 14V)

Unfortunately I haven't decided on the head unit as of yet (maybe should post this on the HU forum?)

Deciding between:
-Clarion DXZ645MP
-Used Eclipse 5V Head (CD5423, CD 5443, etc.) on ebay.

So, i guess my question is do you guys think I will be ok with this setup I don't want to pay too much more that what I have listed already. Maybe a Clarion EQ if necessary. But any ADVICE or input is greatly appreciated.

Jahan

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

BASS OUTLAW
08-13-2004, 07:37 PM
on HU- i say PIONEERS-premiers DEH-7560MP or whatever DEh-series

cause of their mosfet. n they are reliable by any means..

drft_180sx
08-13-2004, 08:01 PM
The pioneer DEH7600MP only has 2V, 100 ohm pre amps as oppossed to the clarion 4V and eclipse 5 V. As far as I have researched, I have heard Pre Amp Voltage make a big difference in sound.

I appreciate the input, thanks. What do you think of the speaker combo, I want to have as near full frequency as I can with this set up (30Hz-20kHz)

PS what do you mean by "better" mosfet? Im sorta new at this.

pwr2max
08-13-2004, 08:10 PM
I think with speakers you have all the areas covered, but you might want 1 10 in sub for the 50-60 hz and below. Other than that it should sound great.

BASS OUTLAW
08-13-2004, 08:20 PM
well well, am not an expert , there is many in this forum that knows way better than me, but.
MOSFET, is a built in amp,
and about the pre out volt, check out the DEH-7560MP , i've purchased one, but didnt install yet, and it puts out around 4-5v pre amp out put, check it out ;)

drft_180sx
08-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks pwrmax, I love the 944 (direct competitor to rx7 sec. gen.) I will hopefully go turbo as soon as I need a rebuild, most likely next spring! I was considering a 10 in the spare tire area, maybe a PG Ti.10d, but I would rather do it without the heft, thats why I plan on baffling the RMB8's.

Thanks for the input

Outlaw, i couldn't google a deh-7560?? Have a link :)?

If mosfet is internal amp, does it matter since im going external ampa nyway?

Acidburn
08-13-2004, 08:28 PM
there's no such thing as a DEH-7560
if you use an external amp then no, the internal one does not matter