PDA

View Full Version : OZ Audio ????

Depression
08-10-2004, 11:02 PM
New company (3 years) OZ audio???I hear great things about thier component speakers..specifically thier 130CS 5.25..Best speaker ever award at IASCA??????

Oh yea ********...Just won 3 brand new ARC 2050CXL amps for $300!!!!YEA!!!

3.5Max6spd
08-10-2004, 11:42 PM
congrats on the amps....those are keepers

Are they the black chrome w/ plexi bottoms?

Depression
08-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks...Yea I did not think I could afford ARC..but one of those deals where I think the guy listed it in a weird area of EBAY and no one saw them ($250 each buy it now??). He was an IASCA winner and switched sponsors (I saw him on the ARC website).I felt kinda bad because If I got one..I had to get all 3 and I "SNIPED" the hell out of 2 other bidders..I hate that but it's been done to me so many Times

I HAVE A Question about this set up in AMP FORUM!!

JimJ
08-11-2004, 01:37 AM
arc audio = sweetness. i've been guilty of auction sniping as well, we've all been there :)

and I've heard excellent things about OZ Audio drivers...never heard one in real life, though, surprise.

3.5Max6spd
08-11-2004, 01:11 PM
OZ and Arc set up should be very pleasant.....you shoul look into Rainbow Audiphile or IDQ's for subs....they match up well, very efficient SQ subs

ID and rainbow use Arc Audio amps to test their speakers......I'm not 100% sure but I believe the Arc subs are a Rainbow design also

JLCivic
08-11-2004, 02:16 PM
I changed from JL XRs to the OZ matrix components, and, well, I ain't going back to the XRs(which are nice speakers).
The Oz speakers definitely have a better midbass. The passive X-over that comes with them didn't like my car's setup at all though, so we are using the Xovers on the amps.

The local shop kinda used my car as a guinea pig and they are very pleased with the sound as well.

Depression
08-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Thats good to hear JLcivic..just the kinda review and testimonial I am looking for. I got a bad taste in my mouth after a real jerk at an Audio shop suggested them about a year ago. (THIS SAME GUY TRIED TO TELL ME CRUTCHFIELD IS THE CHEAPEST PRICES ANYWHERE AND THAT HE COULD MAYBE LOWER HIS PRICES TO THIER LEVEL...AHOLE!!)

But I have heard Amazing things from others regarding thier performance..Kinda in the middle of the road, meaning they are not DYNAUDIO OR MBQUART...but they are a big step up from your average $250 set!!

But I will tell you.. huge discrepencies in price from dealer to dealer scares me..I found a NEW pair for $299 but others above $450???CURIOUS!!!