PDA

View Full Version : space or size

cockeyed00
08-08-2004, 05:20 AM
I have a crew cab truck and the only place for a box is behind the seat. Roughly 3 cu. ft of space. My question is, what would be better having 2 12's with 1/2 the specified air space or have 1 twelve with right airspace? I want both spl and sq(more spl) and with the subs right up against the seat, I'm not getting all what I want. My plan is to run one of the new Kicker L7s at 1 or 2 ohms with eihter a diamond audio or hifonics amp. Will that hit hard even though it is right up against the seat? With my other subs back there right now, I don't feel there potencial. Any auggestions on different subs?
thanks

davidfre21
08-08-2004, 05:28 AM
u gotta be carefull with clearance... u dont want ur sub doing some nice excursion and hittin the back seats.

but 1 12 should be enough for a lil truck cab

also u have any space under the back seats?

Norcalracer283
08-08-2004, 05:35 AM
The crew cabs have a wierd setup with lots of brackets and stuff to support the seats. You are thinking of the extended cabs, like mine....thats where u put em under the seat

cockeyed00
08-08-2004, 04:18 PM
u gotta be carefull with clearance... u dont want ur sub doing some nice excursion and hittin the back seats.
don't worry, i'm putting those aluminum solo baric grills on the subs.

are there any other subs out there around $300 that have enough spl to break through the "behind the rear seat" barrier?