PDA

View Full Version : Time 2 decide..Audiobahn ABC5002Q? or Dynaudio220?

Depression
08-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Okay, well My birthday is on Monday and my girl loaded the Paypal account with money for me to make a purchase for my system. I have debated this for a long time and now am going to take a dive??

I have heard AMAZING things about these Audiobahn 5002Q 5.25 components. I even hear these babies give the BIG BOYS a run for thier money (Rainbow,Dynaudio,Morel etc..). I am skeptical of this claim even though I am an Audiobahn supporter in amps.

Otherwise I will get a probably "used" pair of Dynaudio 220 MKII.

Anyone have any experience with the Audiobahns???
I already know about Dynaudio's fame.

P.S. I can only fit 5.25's in my ride and am only feeding about 75 watts each to these Audiobahns that claim a 160 watt RMS.

Any help.... good or bad is appreciated!
Thanks

Tedro
08-06-2004, 01:21 PM
I used to have those audiobahns(6002) and I would have to say they have been the loudest and clearest set I have ever had. As much as the sound quality, that’s a different story. I gave them up for some higher end speakers that actually sounded good but I still miss how loud those audiobahns got.

squeak9798
08-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Dynaudio and Audiobahn don't even compare.

Depression
08-07-2004, 06:17 PM
I KNOW..Thats my Dilemna...I thought their was no comparison until I read an Extensive review and competition and the Audiobahn 5002Q's came in second to the 220MKII????BIZARRE I KNOW..but if it's even in the same ballpark I might bite.

Audiobahn corp and Dynaudio corp do not compare...But what about these model speakers??
I mean I know MB quart doesn't compare but they make some REAL crap low end speakers that Pyle might beat...LOL

I MAY ADD THAT THE REVIEW THAT COMPARED THE DYNAUDIO TO THE AUDIOBAHN 5002Q WAS ON A DYNAUDIO OWNERS REVIEW SITE!!!
AND MANY CLAIMED THE AUDIOBAHN CLOSE SECOND??????????

squeak9798
08-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Ignoring sound, I would take the Dynaudio's for their better build quality. I want to put my money into something that will last........

Norcalracer283
08-08-2004, 02:14 AM
SQ is better than SPL when it comes to speakers in my opinion...go with the dynaudio's

Berry47
08-08-2004, 07:17 PM
I'd really like to hear these audiobahns, its the only good thing I 've heard about them SQ wise.