PDA

View Full Version : Mounting of components

Strecker25
08-04-2004, 02:16 PM
well my car (94 lumina) has the stock 4x6s up front on the front dash firing towards the windshield. Im looking into components, possibly diamonds M6 or Hex series and they do come in 4" or i could probably get the 5.25s to fit but my question is how would it sound with the midrange firing toward the windshield and then my tweeters on the A pillars aimed at the headrests?

squeak9798
08-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Not the best idea. It would work though. You want the pathlengths for your mids to be as close to even as possible, and with them right on top of your dash they would be no where close to even. Plus, you really don't want to listen to a reflected sound (the reflection will distort the sound).

How do you feel about cutting your door panel? Honestly, try pulling them off and seeing what the metal inner door panel looks like. In just about every car I've pulled door panels off of there is almost always an opening in the lower-front portion of the door that a speaker will fit in as long as you build a baffle (and hack up the interior door panel).

Strecker25
08-04-2004, 03:01 PM
yea i could build (with fiberglass) a pod for the mid but just wondering what the other way would sound like. Also when mounting the mid should it be angled towards the listner as well? or just fire straight out of the door towards each other

Chance89
08-06-2004, 08:08 PM
I got my 4x6 kenwood hq's in my dash...doesn't sound that bad...but you high performance guys would notice the difference