PDA

View Full Version : Top alarms with 2-way transmitter?

swingking03
08-03-2004, 07:46 PM
I am looking for an alarm with a 2-way transmitter for my prelude. I was wondering what some of he best were for the least amount of money. I was looking at the prestige 669a and clifford alarms. What are the best?

joshpoints
08-10-2004, 12:40 PM
I am looking for an alarm with a 2-way transmitter for my prelude. I was wondering what some of he best were for the least amount of money. I was looking at the prestige 669a and clifford alarms. What are the best?

I got the crime stopper informer and it seems to be working just fine. The long range disarm/arm remote has its disadvatages. I leave it outside of my pocket because I have accidentally disarmed in while in my pocket and also popped the trunk.

6spdcoupe
08-11-2004, 04:18 PM
DEI for quality/dependability/reliabilty. Compustar for range...

--Don

scbysnx
08-12-2004, 03:07 AM
I have to say I got a viper and I'm not impressed with the range at all.. it has lots of trouble through walls ofcourse but also through other cars.. glass.. I can be fairly close sometimes and it won't work.. I'll do some measurements and figure out how exactly its performing

the_flatlander
08-19-2004, 09:49 PM
whrer can you find Clifford, DEI, and Vipor alarms online besides ebay?

6spdcoupe
08-19-2004, 10:52 PM
whrer can you find Clifford, DEI, and Vipor alarms online besides ebay?

DEI IS Clifford/Viper/Python/etc...

Their sales are restricted..Absolutely NO Online sales. And the products MUST be Dealer Installed.

--Don

sumone
08-20-2004, 01:20 PM
hold on, no online sales for what? I've seen a couple ads on eBay. If I bought one off eBay and found a shop to install it, what does that mean??? or what's the scope of 'no online sales' or what exactly does it pertain to

LBX2G
08-20-2004, 01:25 PM
yo man go with the crimestopper cs-315fm u will love it. It has some many features.

6spdcoupe
08-31-2004, 07:34 AM
hold on, no online sales for what? I've seen a couple ads on eBay. If I bought one off eBay and found a shop to install it, what does that mean??? or what's the scope of 'no online sales' or what exactly does it pertain to

ALL online sales are restricted on their alarms. So are any "over the counter sales" They are intended to be sold AND installed Dealer only. Because it is on Ebay doesnt mean its ok. DEI has a few pending lawsuits against online companies selling the products. RemotestartDepot and Etronics to name a couple.

IF you find a dealer willing to install an Ebay bought unit, they will most likely charge a small fortune and advise you that you will have no warranty on the product, just their labor.

--Don

3.5Max6spd
09-01-2004, 06:46 PM
cant go the cheap route for everything fellas, you gotta pay to play- A good alarm is some piece of mind, specially when installed professionally

I recommend the 690xv or 791xv(remote start) for a good two way- My range is pretty good, as I get my warnings from inside a shopping mall or what not- the pager itself doesn't have enough range obviously to turn it off/on from far distances but the warnings do come through to you, and you know if its a just a warning or you alarm is going off

hoss
09-01-2004, 06:51 PM
i love my viper 790xv, although at times the transmitter does have its issues. distance i am not all impressed with, and the design of the remote could be improved a bit. i think the remote could have greatly benefitted from a cover of some sort as the buttons are very easily pushed, and i too have disarmed/popped the trunk/set the panic mode off in my pocket. i find that i have to leave the transmitter hanging out of my pocket, and at times i still bump into it and push the buttons.

i really wish i had seen the compustar units before i bought my viper. everything i have heard about them sounds great. super range, great features, better LCD display... i would definitly say check them out. and ditto on the "you get what you pay for". security isnt really a category you wanna cut corners with. people might wonder why you are spending so much when you could have spent less... but you will have a better piece of mind knowing you did it right.

Sleeklsc
09-01-2004, 10:14 PM
ii got a autopage w/ the carbon fiber remote(dont no the model#)and no i didnt get it cause of the remote..was 320 installed but had to put up another 30 for sum by-pass module...so all together it was like 360 w/ tax.......works great...awesome responce and long distance capabilities.....a++

KrnMackMattsta
09-06-2004, 08:40 PM
www.asianwolf.com sells DEI stuff, along with 10 million other security related stuff.

Chevillac
09-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Ill add my review. I am not really impressed with my viper 690xv. It does have issues that the other two people adressed (pocket thing, range.) but my remote died after 10 seconds in the rain... The valet would not shut it off. I also was testing to see what set it off, and probly got just short of breaking my window, and the alarm didnt even warn, i went around shaking my car bumping it. I opened the trunk, The factory alarm went off but not the viper. This was the big one though, I left the windows down and opened the door, nothing, touched stuff inside the car, nothing, started to take out my dash and cd player, nothing, i could have taken everything out. Got out of the car and closed the door....Alarm goes off, What the ****? no warning or alarm til i closed the door? anyway im gonna have it looked at, because i called viper as soon as that happened. anyway jsut had to add that in.
C

LBX2G
09-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Ill add my review. I am not really impressed with my viper 690xv. It does have issues that the other two people adressed (pocket thing, range.) but my remote died after 10 seconds in the rain... The valet would not shut it off. I also was testing to see what set it off, and probly got just short of breaking my window, and the alarm didnt even warn, i went around shaking my car bumping it. I opened the trunk, The factory alarm went off but not the viper. This was the big one though, I left the windows down and opened the door, nothing, touched stuff inside the car, nothing, started to take out my dash and cd player, nothing, i could have taken everything out. Got out of the car and closed the door....Alarm goes off, What the ****? no warning or alarm til i closed the door? anyway im gonna have it looked at, because i called viper as soon as that happened. anyway jsut had to add that in.
C
yeah cus u need to have that looked. Sounds more like an installtion issises.

Chevillac
09-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah, with it not goin off installation, but the remote breaking that day was due to a few raindrops getting on it, it still doesnt work and I have to send it to viper to get another one. The shop that installed it is down in florida, i dont know when im going to get there again and the authorized viper dealers up here wont look at it unless they installed it.

6spdcoupe
09-09-2004, 12:46 AM
C

Definately an installation issue. Cant blame the alarm for that, as it was not corrected properly. Sad part is all of that stuff should be tested prior to giving the customer their keys and taking their money.

As for the remote..did you have the older white/grey one or the newer Blue one? The older one had alot of issues that DEI quickly corrected and introduced the newer one.

--Don

Chevillac
09-09-2004, 05:31 AM
The white and grey one. Still have to send that back.

hoss
09-09-2004, 12:02 PM
As for the remote..did you have the older white/grey one or the newer Blue one? The older one had alot of issues that DEI quickly corrected and introduced the newer one.
i have been trying to tell my installer that for months!! but they still refuse to replace my malfunctioning remote. i need to have a chat with them though as i recently installed window automation units in the car and found SEVERAL flaws with their install work...

joshpoints
09-16-2004, 10:14 PM
C

Sounds like a crappy install to me.

joshpoints
09-16-2004, 10:18 PM
yo man go with the crimestopper cs-315fm u will love it. It has some many features.

I'm not familiar with that model, but I'm happy with my crimestopper. The range is insane. I armed my car alarm from well over 100 yards away and the paging range is further than that ofcourse. The disadvatage is I have to carry the remote outside of my pocker otherwise there is a possibility that the trunk may get accidentally released. The alarm let's you know when this happens but it ***** to walk back to the car so I carry it outside of my pocket.

LBX2G
09-16-2004, 10:31 PM
THe model I ment was the 2015 my bad

xtent
09-25-2004, 07:42 AM
http://store.yahoo.com/bsless/viper791.html

Has the Viper 791xv for $227 brand new in the box, which is where i bought mine, installed myself, everything works great, range i haven't had a single problem with at all.