PDA

View Full Version : Can these speakers be beat?

UltimateWarrior
08-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Howdy!

I am searching for some quality 6 1/2" speakers for my in a Honda Civic EX Sedan. I currently have some shallow "freebies" that came along with a HU I purchased...

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-FJH0Pziq5tG/ProdView.asp?I=133CJDD163

...and I placed them in the front doors because there is hardly any room to work with. After I installed the free speakers I noticed I can not get anything bigger, or anything with a higher mounting surface. These Honda doors are rediculous! Anyway, since I cannot put anything up front that has any punch, I must resort to getting some kick-a** speakers in the back. So, my choice so far are these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FJH0Pziq5tG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=108635I&search=Infinity+Kappa+63%2E5i

These seem like they would do the trick and make up for the lack of sound from my fronts. I'd fade out the fronts a little so the rears would be heard better? Keep in mind, I will also add a good amp and a quality sub later.

So if anyone could find a better speaker for under $200 let me know! The specs on these speakers look very impressive.

Comments?

Alpine CDA-9815
08-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Forget about rear fill and just get some quality component speakers up front.

Slody4Futbol
08-01-2004, 03:26 PM
yeah buy a good set of components... and buy a 3/4" - 1" spacer for the speaker in the door so you can mount a deeper speaker in the door

UndercoverPunk
08-01-2004, 03:30 PM
or start practicing with fiberglass and plan on making kickpods for comps...that's be what I'd reccomend... there are some really good tutorials on here for fiberglassing...

UltimateWarrior
08-02-2004, 06:28 PM
or start practicing with fiberglass and plan on making kickpods for comps...that's be what I'd reccomend... there are some really good tutorials on here for fiberglassing...

What about these?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WBD3IaBHCQZ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=182850&I=044K6007B2&o=p&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y&search=

Now, what shall I put there? Any advice? Remember, I'm on a budget here!

:)

EFFENDI
08-02-2004, 06:30 PM
If you want to but you cant fit a 6.5" in those and you could DIY for about 1/3 the cost.

UltimateWarrior
08-02-2004, 11:13 PM

Actually, I'd like to know more about the fiberglass and how to form it. I would like to add some quality comps with possibly some LED or Neon lights. This would go along good with my HU which provides a bright blue glowwwww! I even thought about adding some other LED's in various places like my air vents or below the dash. I want to light up my inside and have a kick-a** system. Not so much for others to view but more for my personal pleasure.

Later.

p.s. If you could provide some links or info on fabricating my own kick panels for high-end comps that would be cool. I didn't want to do this at first but what they heck, I'm sure I can do it cheaper in the long run.

UltimateWarrior
08-02-2004, 11:15 PM
If you want to but you cant fit a 6.5" in those and you could DIY for about 1/3 the cost.

I CAN'T fit 6 1/2" in those panels? I'm cornfused... Did you mean I could get bigger or what? Also, what can I do for 1/3 the cost? Build my own I take it...

(just smack me)

DBfan187
08-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Actually, I'd like to know more about the fiberglass and how to form it. I would like to add some quality comps with possibly some LED or Neon lights. This would go along good with my HU which provides a bright blue glowwwww! I even thought about adding some other LED's in various places like my air vents or below the dash. I want to light up my inside and have a kick-a** system. Not so much for others to view but more for my personal pleasure.

Later.

p.s. If you could provide some links or info on fabricating my own kick panels for high-end comps that would be cool. I didn't want to do this at first but what they heck, I'm sure I can do it cheaper in the long run.

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38665 - EMACULATE

UndercoverPunk
08-02-2004, 11:37 PM
I CAN'T fit 6 1/2" in those panels? I'm cornfused... Did you mean I could get bigger or what? Also, what can I do for 1/3 the cost? Build my own I take it...

(just smack me)

I put 6.5"s where my 4X6's go in my doors... it's not that hard... worth the time too!

squeak9798
08-03-2004, 12:00 AM
I CAN'T fit 6 1/2" in those panels? I'm cornfused... Did you mean I could get bigger or what?

No, he meant those Qform kickpanels hold up to 5.25" speakers, not 6.5" speakers. With some modding they might fit, but by that time it would just be cheaper and easier to build your own.

UltimateWarrior
08-03-2004, 06:59 AM
No, he meant those Qform kickpanels hold up to 5.25" speakers, not 6.5" speakers. With some modding they might fit, but by that time it would just be cheaper and easier to build your own.

That's strange, I thought by adding kick panels I would be able to get LARGER speakers in my doors, not have to drop down in size. Hmmm... I have 6 1/2 in there now. I'd hate to think about getting even smaller. What's the point in that? Interesting...

I guess my winter project is to make my own. (here goes nothing) :peace:

supa_c
08-03-2004, 07:38 AM
6 1/2's will kill 5 1/4's any day. Dont go smaller
there is better and cheaper speakers than those infinitys, dont get them

req
08-03-2004, 08:44 AM
ok this is WAY off topic, but its been nagging at me for days-

dbfan. that kid playing the drums in your sig is so **** hilarous. ive been sitting watching it for days. in fact, its actually starting to be a little creepy =P

wow. that thing is so **** funny =P