PDA

View Full Version : Viper 791xv, second ignition help...

xtent
07-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Ok here is the run down,

All installed everything except the air conditioner and radiator fans and what not turn on when it's remote started, as soon as i put the key in and put it in the second position, it all turns on.

my theory is something went wrong with the second ignition wire...seeing as tha's basically what fixes it...with the key anywho.

Could anyone tell me what all is supposed to be tapped into the second ignition wire, and/or what else would cause this problem?

6spdcoupe
07-30-2004, 04:42 PM
The Pink/White wire off the XCRS goes to the second ignition in the car.

--Don

xtent
07-31-2004, 02:22 PM
the pink/white wire is connected, could it be that we only connected one constant 12v to the red wire running to the ignition switch, when it more than likely has two red wires one for each key position?

6spdcoupe
07-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Both of the Red power wires need to be connected. They both go to constant power. Pink to ignition,Pink/White to second ignition,etc..

What kind of car is it? This may help a bit.

--Don

xtent
08-01-2004, 01:34 AM
98 acura integra, anyone know if it actually has two red wires at the ignition switch? i wasn't at the guys house when he did it. I assume it does, and if so tha's probably the reason it's not getting power after it turns on.

6spdcoupe
08-01-2004, 03:14 AM
There is only one wire on the ignition harness for power. Tie both Red wires from the XCRS and put into the one White wire on the ignition harness.

--Don

xtent
08-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Ok so i just double checked how he had it wired up, he has the pink wire going to ignition one pink/white going to ignition two, and has both the red wires tied together going to ignition one wire....should i run one of those red wires to the ignition two? tha's the only possible thing i could think of cuz everything else seems to be connected right.

6spdcoupe
08-02-2004, 03:21 AM
Ok so i just double checked how he had it wired up, he has the pink wire going to ignition one pink/white going to ignition two, and has both the red wires tied together going to ignition one wire....should i run one of those red wires to the ignition two? tha's the only possible thing i could think of cuz everything else seems to be connected right.

Like I said in my last post, both of the Red wires need to go to the White wire which is Constant Power/12+/always on/etc. NOT to an ignition wire.

Slody4Futbol
08-02-2004, 04:42 AM
make sure the orange wire is connected as well