PDA

View Full Version : midrange and midbass

94gmsierra
07-29-2004, 02:35 PM
ok is there a difference here?? why do know i hear people having dedicated midbass in their midrange?? i mean are they seperating frequencies even further?? lke 120-200 is mid bass?? Anyways i also heard that sealing components in a enclosure will make them sound better?? im about to install a set of mb quart rce216 in the front, should i seal them and what frequency do they play down to?? Also i have 2 kicker l5 10's set at 80hz, should it be 120hz??

diminishedpower
07-29-2004, 02:39 PM
i might be off a little bit but midbass is about 60-120 range and usually played by a dedicated 8 inch woofer if there going to have a dedicated midbass, mid range is 120+ up to when your tweeter takes over, and you want you filter to b close to each other, if you have it to high wou will be lossing some bidbass frequencies

zephyr
07-29-2004, 04:16 PM
For car application midbass is within 40-300Hz range. Any drivers that do well in that range is considered midbass driver. It doesn't have to be 8", but typically you want to have the biggest size woofer you can fit into the car.

Sealed enclosure is good IF you could fit the right enclosure volume into the kicks or doors. Most car audio speakers however, are designed to work well in IB. You'll run into more problem by putting a speaker in an enclosure that is too small than running it IB.

As far as the sub XO, 80Hz is about normal. 120 is way to high IMO, but it's all a matter of preference.

sumone
07-30-2004, 01:59 PM
maybe it's just my sub or my amp & EQ's LPFs, but anything above 70hz is too high. of course it's still just personal preference or whatever. But I've read that bass becomes directional at around the 70-80hz range.