PDA

View Full Version : alpine rockford pioneer dilemma

ighettoboyi
07-28-2004, 11:57 PM
I went to a local ebayer to buy a CDA-9830 Alpine for 230. They were out of stock and I really wanted to get something that day. They had the Pioneer DEH-P7600MP for 225 and the Fosgate RFX-9320 for 240... They're not sure when they're gonna get more alpines in...should I just go ahead and opt for one of the others? is the rockford worth the money? do their motorized faces break? can the pioneer's 2.2v compare to the alpines 4v? if you guys suggest something i might go out and get something tomorrow. I dont want to wait the whole weekend.

6spdcoupe
07-29-2004, 01:16 AM
Go buy somethoing local. Pay the extra money for the piece of mind for a warranty.

--Don

RikuY
07-29-2004, 09:01 AM
I haven't owned either, but I would pick the Pioneer myself. The boards I frequent have the holy trinity of HU's to be Alpine, Eclipse, and Pioneer. I have experience with Pioneer in the past and they have always been quality products.

Do they have any Nakamichi's? No one can ever say anything bad about those besides the looks...

Hope this helps...

ighettoboyi
07-29-2004, 10:43 AM
yes they have nakamichi's, it's like 300 bucks and i dont think it even plays mp3s

RikuY
07-29-2004, 12:39 PM
I'd go for the Pioneer then. Check out the Eclipse's they have... Nice HU's as well and some should be in same price range for sure...

somekook
07-29-2004, 12:55 PM
i LOVE my alpine. ill probably never buy another brand again.

JLCivic
07-29-2004, 12:57 PM
If you are in a hurry and the alpine is out of stock, get the pioneer. I doubt you will be disappointed. Ofcourse, if you happen to visit an Eclipse dealer, I would strongly suggest checking them out as well....very nice sounding decks.

forbidden
07-29-2004, 05:53 PM
I totally agree with some of the comments above. Buy local, get a warranty, support the loacl guys who slave on vehicles for people that blow things up themselves sometimes and of course, buy an Eclipse.

6spdcoupe
07-29-2004, 05:59 PM
I totally agree with some of the comments above. Buy local, get a warranty, support the loacl guys who slave on vehicles for people that blow things up themselves sometimes and of course, buy an Eclipse.

I REALLY like this guy. At least its still good to know that some people out there still appreciate what we do. And the fact that we do have overhead,etc...

Your welcome by anytime. :thumbupw: Not that anyone else on here isnt...

--Don

ighettoboyi
07-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Oh well the ebayer got more 9830's in fast and I got it. Installed it this morning, I like it a lot. My only complaint is the display is really hard to read in the daytime. Other than that the sq is way better than my old kenwood.