PDA

View Full Version : Which components to pair with Koda Sub? (CDT or RE)

accsuperstar
07-28-2004, 04:40 AM
the CL-61 or the RE components? getting 150 watts of power. Which would be a better SQ setup? I am looking for pretty good midbass and overall good SQ. I am sure very few have had exposure to the RE components but would like your thoughts anyways. Thanks!

MValley70
07-28-2004, 07:25 AM
RE's for sure......I had CDT HD's before the RE's and the RE midbass kills the HD's.....you might have to do some tweeking to get the tweet the way you like it....maybe that is just me.....But yea RE's would kill the CL's in My opinion.

PLus you hill have an all XBL^2 system...that would be awesome.

Scott, SC

accsuperstar
07-28-2004, 04:15 PM
sweet! thanks for the input!!

Berry47
07-29-2004, 01:09 PM
RE's for sure......I had CDT HD's before the RE's and the RE midbass kills the HD's.....you might have to do some tweeking to get the tweet the way you like it....maybe that is just me.....But yea RE's would kill the CL's in My opinion.

PLus you hill have an all XBL^2 system...that would be awesome.

Scott, SC

My HD's produce a pretty good amount of midbass. Alot of it deals with the install.

accsuperstar
07-29-2004, 02:24 PM
I am looking around the price range of the CL-61 and the RE.

MValley70
07-29-2004, 05:36 PM
My HD's produce a pretty good amount of midbass. Alot of it deals with the install.
well....in the install that i had i just switched the HD's from the same well deadened do as I have my RE's in now and my RE's crush them in mid bass....and now that i thin about it the RE's have about 60 less watts going to them that the HD's had...just wait till i send them the same power

So yea i don't think the install was a factor....just a simple drop in. :toast:

and plus the RE's cost about half as much as the HD's....hmmmmm

RE>HD's

Sorry bout that one. :peace:

Scott, SC

denim
07-29-2004, 05:39 PM
all XBL2 yummm

VTEC11
07-29-2004, 07:01 PM
what's the price on the RE 6.5" components? And the XXX 6.5"?

MValley70
07-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Well the XXX's aren't out yet...but the RE's were $175 shipped from visionary audio....but i think marshall said they were all gone....so maybe contact RE

Scott, SC

accsuperstar
07-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Should I just shell out for koda components? :confused:

`pr0digy
07-30-2004, 12:33 AM
CDT's have plenty of midbass, from what I've listened to (the HD series mainly). But, RE is the forum favorite, everyone loves em.

accsuperstar
07-30-2004, 04:27 AM
i think i will just go with the RE's b/c of price. Thanks for the input guys!

VTEC11
07-31-2004, 02:24 PM
CDT's have plenty of midbass, from what I've listened to (the HD series mainly). But, RE is the forum favorite, everyone loves em.

how many actually even have RE's? i thought the CDT's were the forum favorites.

`pr0digy
08-01-2004, 01:15 AM
how many actually even have RE's? i thought the CDT's were the forum favorites.

I can see the tide shifting already... It's actually kind of annoying, RE for some reason is considered godly to everyone. I have nothing against them, but there are other companies out there. It's one thing to reccomend RE based on experiance, it's another to reccomend them because they are favorites... I wonder how many people have bought RE stuff just because they heard all the hype here...

/rant

Oh, and I love my CDT's, nice midbass, nice silk tweets :)