PDA

View Full Version : need advice on 3 ways and kicks panels

magic_wizard
07-25-2004, 11:52 PM
i want to install 3 ways in my car, and was wondering if it is ok to put a 4 inch in the qlogic kick panels. i know that a 6.5 would **** in there (not to mention it won't fit), but since a 4 inch won't play midbass, will it be ok in a qform? if qlogic q forms **** even with a 4 inch, i will just make my own. i dont want 6.5 2 ways in kicks because i hear midbass performance ***** in kicks, and they take up more room, so that's why i want to go with 3 ways. with 4 inchers, i won't need as much room, and i can have separate drivers for midbass in the doors. if anyone has experence with 3 ways and/or qforms with 4 inch midrange, can you offer your advice? i would also like to get input from those who have had success with 6.5's in kicks. thanks a bunch.

if it helps, i was looking into the cdt euro or hd 3 ways.

squeak9798
07-25-2004, 11:58 PM
If I were you, I would still build my own kicks. In my experiences, the Qforms haven't been aimed the greatest, and the aiming is going to be very important for that (or any) midrange. Also, since the Qforms are pretty thin and flimsy they'll probably still resonant like a son of a witch even with only the midrange in there.

magic_wizard
07-26-2004, 12:02 AM
is your avatar from lateralus? i love that album.

squeak9798
07-26-2004, 12:16 AM
is your avatar from lateralus? i love that album.

Yes it is :D

Redford
07-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I did that with BA Proseries 3-ways and it sounds great. Other than the fact that the qlogic kicks dont have _perfect_ imaging its a great idea.