PDA

View Full Version : should i fill the rears to??

newb
07-23-2004, 06:58 AM
Right now im undecided if I should fill in the rear speakers too? I have a set of Diamond Audio s600a components for the the fronts powered by a Nakamichi PA-2004 amplifier. Amp is rated at 100wattsx4 @4ohms. The components nor the amp are installed yet. Im still debating on whether I should fill in the rears too or just run the front stage?? And if I was to only run the fronts would I be over powering them with that amp?? My friend told me that the more speakers I have in my car, the better it will sound. Is he right? Because if he is then I was just going to get another set of Diamond Audio s600a components to fill in the rears. Im looking for SQ. Thanks!

Oh, and has anyone use the q-forms kick panels?? im thinking about purchasing them for my front stage.

squeak9798
07-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Im still debating on whether I should fill in the rears too or just run the front stage??

Well, this is more of a personal preference thing. For "true" sound quality, you want all of the music to sound like it is in front of you. If you have rear speakers it can greatly throw off you soundstage and imaging by having sound come from behind you.

Though, some ppl prefer to have rear fill. So it's really up to you on if you want "true" sound quality or if you just want something that sound good to you.

And if I was to only run the fronts would I be over powering them with that amp??

As long as you don't bridge the amp, you should be fine. The comps you have are rated up to 170w.

My friend told me that the more speakers I have in my car, the better it will sound. Is he right?

No, he is wrong. The number of speakers in your car doesn't directly correlate to better sound. Some people have won sound quality competitions with as little as 5 speakers in the entire car. What makes a car sound good is the installation; tuning, speaker placement, speaker aiming, sound deadening and killing resonances, etc etc. Not how many speakers are used.

Oh, and has anyone use the q-forms kick panels?? im thinking about purchasing them for my front stage.

They are horrible. If you can, build your own out of fiberglass. If you do get the Qforms it would be best if you re-inforced them with fiberglass since they are really flimsy and will resonante a lot. Also, their aiming IMO isn't the greatest, but not too bad.

3.5Max6spd
07-23-2004, 05:15 PM
NEWB- I know plenty of people running Hex w/ 300+ rms with gains set low- they are great quality speakers that can take the power- and the crossovers are world class- set your gains properly, you'll be fine

The crossovers have a rear fill output- so they'll take some of that power as well if you run your rears off the crossover-

My amp puts out pretty close to what your Nakamichi puts out and i've bridged it to run my 110rms Rainbows for a few months and they took it like a champ- The better power handling on the Hex's is a plus

newb
07-27-2004, 04:39 AM
Thanks a lot guys! Im looking for full SQ so front stage it is! I guess I will cross out the Q-forms from my list.