PDA

View Full Version : Focal VS The World...

karter74
07-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to know what you guys think of the Focal 165V2 or the 165Ca. I know one is coax and the other component, but I was at CarToys and to be honest the 165Ca sounded a little better on the wall. Problem is I found a set of the 165Ca's online for $100 while CarToys wanted $230! Anyways, if I were looking to spend a max of maybe $300 for a set of speakers, what do you think? I really don't wanna spend that much, but if something is that good for that much I might. The other brands I am thinking about is CDT, the Elemental Designs component set, and the new RE component set. I am looking for the best SQ possible, with good reproductions of mids and highs, as I am soon looking to perhaps adding a sub in sometime in the near future. I really like eD's subs so I figured that their component set would be pretty good as well. I know RE set is too new to know about, but after reading the specs, they seem to be pretty good. And of couse I hear nothing but good things about CDT. How do these brands compare to the Focals I heard and what would you pick? Thanks!

6spdcoupe
07-22-2004, 11:51 PM
I personally wouldnt pick any of the above brands. But thats me and my personal preferances and hearing. Best bet is to buy what Does sound good to you. People on here can of course give feedback as to what They like, but ultimately what You like is whats important.

BTW..the price difference on the Focals..They do not allow any online sales of their products. Thus no warranty,or guarantee that it is genuine equiptment.

--Don

karter74
07-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Anyone else have something to say?

Moe Lester
07-23-2004, 09:33 PM
I love the focal tweeters, the mids really need to be in a small ported enclosure to get some more output and cone control IMO...

3.5Max6spd
07-24-2004, 03:41 PM
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/press/news.php?lan=3

denim
07-29-2004, 04:38 PM
if you can afford Rainbow and Focal, I think they are worth it, A/D/S is a good alternative