PDA

View Full Version : MB quarts are soooooo bright....

teeroy
07-21-2004, 09:43 PM
its way too crispy for my taste right now so when i went to adjust the tweeter attenuation, i noticed that the xover was at -6. excuse the ignorance but can i make it less bright if it's already at this setting? would i just have to adjust the tonal controls on my hu?

teeroy
07-21-2004, 09:56 PM
i think it is part tweeter placement too cause i opted to have them mounted furthest from th hinge so they're kinda near the rear passengers head. i wanted this to create a surround effect for movies and games.

does anyone know if i can put some kind of capacitor to filer the *ultra* highs to them?

desi_daru
07-22-2004, 02:40 AM
i think it is part tweeter placement too cause i opted to have them mounted furthest from th hinge so they're kinda near the rear passengers head. i wanted this to create a surround effect for movies and games.

does anyone know if i can put some kind of capacitor to filer the *ultra* highs to them?

so there like right next to ur head/ears???

Apollo X
07-22-2004, 03:09 AM
what happened to the 8 inch rule?

maniackilla
07-22-2004, 03:36 AM
i had 4 tweets, the 2 on my side were about 7 and 12 inches away. did i mention my ears randomly bleed for no apparent reason?

dflock
07-22-2004, 11:09 AM
its way too crispy for my taste right now so when i went to adjust the tweeter attenuation, i noticed that the xover was at -6. excuse the ignorance but can i make it less bright if it's already at this setting? would i just have to adjust the tonal controls on my hu?

I've heard of reversing the polarity of the tweeters to reduce brightness, try that and see how it sounds.

-Derek

teeroy
07-25-2004, 11:29 PM
they're definately further than 8 inches... i'll try reversing the polarity and see what it does. thanks for the suggestions.

someone16
07-25-2004, 11:37 PM
sorry i cant offer any advice on how to make them less bright...but yea dude MB Quarts are deffinatly really bright

80_Cutlass_mn
07-26-2004, 01:52 AM
****....something must be wrong with me. I have my MB Quarts on 67 watts rms, with 0 db attenuation, and +3 on the high setting of my h/u...and im still not satisfied. Oh yea btw did I mention I even have Titatnium tweeters? :crazy:

80_Cutlass_mn
07-26-2004, 02:13 AM
Actually.....ive sat inside a car with about 9 pairs of tweets running off a 600 watt 4 channel amplifier....and it did not bother me at all. I guess I just like alot of tweets.

Actually just about the time that I can get enough highs out of my tweeters to satisfy me, the tweeter protection kicks in.

denim
07-29-2004, 04:34 PM
Something is very wrong with you ... Your ears should literally be bleeding ...

:waycrazy: :waycrazy: :cop: :cop: :cop: