PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix GT Speaker Removal

jjahn33
07-21-2004, 02:53 PM
I am trying to replace my rear stock 6x9's and need to remove the speaker grilles from the back panel but I don't want to break anything. Is there an easy way/secret to remove them? Could you give a step by step on how to do this?

RemlapaN
07-21-2004, 06:05 PM
im pretty sure there are bolts / screws / clips underneath the speaker, which you access from the trunk (if you are referring to the speakers on the rear deck)

Slody4Futbol
07-22-2004, 12:05 AM
what year grand prix gt?

jjahn33
07-22-2004, 09:03 AM
It's a 2001 GT and I went into the trunk and found a few plastic clips that I thought held the rear speaker covers but the grills didn't seem to move when I loosened them. I didn't want to push too hard and risk breaking something.

Yes, I'm trying to replace the rear speakers.

Johnny Drama
07-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Tonight when I get home I will look at my girlfriends car to see if I can help.

Slody4Futbol
07-22-2004, 01:42 PM
fold down the rear seats to see if you can see any clips or screws holding the rear deck on... take those off... you may have 2 take a 3rd brake light off the rear deck if there is one... probably take off the side panels by the rear deck and then pull up on the deck til you pop it loose... look around first and don't go pulling on everything... look for all screws first and go underneath and see if you can tell if there's any bolts underneath holding the deck or speakers or anything on