PDA

View Full Version : help with a dd3515d

btnhfan
07-19-2004, 05:53 PM
i just bought this sub, and i want to have a box ready for it by the time it gets to me. dd recomends 45hz, but is it possible to tune lower? i kinda want a little sq out of it, and i think that if it is that high, there wont be any. or maybe i am wrong. also, with tuning at 45hz, what exactly does that mean? that it wont play anything lower than 45hz, or what? i am a complete noob when it comes to sub enclosures since it is my first one, but i feel i can make the box with a little help.

heres links to the sub
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=3500d
and to the enclosure info
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/enclosureInfo/boxSize_hiEff.asp

thanks!

btnhfan
07-20-2004, 07:38 PM
bump. anyone got any help?

Goldtaz1
07-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Hey man, I would like to apologize for no one answering your question already. I just finished building a box for my Crystal CMPx2 15" woofer that was built to the 45 Hz DD audio specs. The box is 4 cubic feet. I also have a 3 cube box tuned to 35 Hz and I will tell you right now that the DD box will not disappoint you at all. It won't get down real low say to 20 Hz, but most music does not even come close to approaching those frequencies. My 3 cube box is a little tighter on the bass and has more SQ, but I am more into how hard I hit. I guess it just really boils down to what you want more SPL or SQ. I hope this helps. Send another post if you have any other questions and I will try to help answer them.

btnhfan
07-22-2004, 06:13 PM
okay then. ill build the box to the dd specs. but what would it mean if i play a test tone that was at 10hz or 20hz? would it be able to play them or not? i still dont understand this tuning thing. and thanks for the help.

Goldtaz1
07-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Well, it is like Jmac stated, you would have very little output if any at 10 or 20 Hz with a box tuned to 45 Hz. A box tuned to 45 Hz is not designed to play much lower than that, maybe down to 32 Hz and that is probably stretching it. If you want something that will get extremely low then you are looking at doing a tuning frequency of 27 or 28 Hz. What kind of music do you typically listen to?? I listen to alot of rap and rock and the 45 Hz box is perfectly at home playing most of what I listen to. I hope I am not making matters worse for you. Let me know if you have further questions.

btnhfan
07-27-2004, 05:18 PM
i mostly listen to rap. i guess that i can build the box to their specs, and if i dont like it i can always build a new one. what would be a disadvantage of tuning lower compared to higher for that sub?

saywhat?
07-27-2004, 05:21 PM
he told u it wouldnt have the output.

trungthiendo
07-27-2004, 05:39 PM
i have asked dd myself this question for the 9512 and they recommended the box spec... on their site,
the reason they gave me was that the car interior will lower the frequency down i think?/??

i dont' clearly understand it, but u should email them and see what they say