PDA

View Full Version : part one of fiberglassed trunk

btnhfan
07-18-2004, 11:24 PM
so here is the first part of my fiberglassed trunk. by the time i am done, the entire trunk will be glassed. so far, i have part of one side done. it only needs a little more filler and lots more sanding, and i need to fix up the opening where the amp is gonna go. this is basically my first project, since i tried to add onto my console to make a new din slot for my dvd player, but it turned out real ******. there is an extension on either side of the rack that you may be able to see for 2 fans for cooling, since i plan on having a plexi cover on top. please leave feedback!!

go here to view since the files are large.
http://www.prizio.biz/images/install/
heres one though

never mind. waay to big. and i dont wana resize it.

supa_c
07-18-2004, 11:30 PM
looks like crap right now, but im shure it'll come out nice.

Acidburn
07-18-2004, 11:36 PM
the giant green blob is awesome!

btnhfan
07-18-2004, 11:40 PM
lol. fleece from walmart. its really cheap there. and i forgot to push the rack in all the way, so it sits flush with everything.

supa_c
07-18-2004, 11:51 PM
http://www.prizio.biz/images/install/HPIM1340.jpg
is this what you mean

btnhfan
07-19-2004, 01:07 AM
yea. i didnt push it in all the way, but it does fit in perfectly, with no gaps or anything. after i finish off the other side and the base, im sending them out to get painted.

ramos
07-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Looking good so far brother man. :)

#1AlpineFan
07-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Doesn't look like the trunk lid will close. I don't understand what the thing was to hold the speaker. Good luck and keep goin

dbornotdb
07-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Doesn't look like the trunk lid will close.

Thats the first thing I thought also when I saw it in the trunk.

ramos
07-22-2004, 12:35 PM
It does look rather close to the trunk lid now that you say that. Looks like it will close, but it will be tight. :)

Bigrick31
07-22-2004, 01:06 PM
lookin good so far. Hey can you put resin on carpet? or is that not a good thing to do. cuz if you could that would make for an easier install

req
07-22-2004, 01:14 PM
lookin good so far. Hey can you put resin on carpet? or is that not a good thing to do. cuz if you could that would make for an easier install

well. now that you mention that. i think that that could be done. just a ride to the junkyard and pull out the trunk liner for your car... resin the whole **** thing, and then cut to your liking.

i might try that- the resin can be put on ANYTHING. (well. cept like wax and grease and crap) but all fabrics should be able to take resin and hold it... so that seems like a wonderful idea! thanks!

ramos
07-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Trunk liner material works well, but it's hard to find in some areas. Mine being one of them. :)