PDA

View Full Version : Are they any good?

semnorish
07-18-2004, 02:07 AM
A buddy is trying to sell me a couple of MA audio Model# Y2040K 4" 2 way w/directional tweeter speakers. Anybody Know anything about MA audio? These speakers? Let me know! Thanks

EFFENDI
07-18-2004, 04:19 AM
Depends on the price.. I'd go for them...but listen to them first to see if you like them.

saywhat?
07-18-2004, 07:03 AM
I have heard people swear by MA Audio, and I have heard people bash them to hell and back, i've heard a setup with 4 12's (black cone white logo) off an audiobahn amp and i thought it did pretty well, i dunno bout speakers though, if they are cheap in price yet you like the sound...you can't go wrong.

6spdcoupe
07-19-2004, 06:32 PM
MA Audio = Mobile Authority. They were a company very simliar to Pyramid. Generic flea market kind of product. They were aware of the reputation and changed their name...

In a nutshell... Same product, different name.

What is most important though is if YOU like what your getting, then go for it.

-_Don

squeak9798
07-19-2004, 07:08 PM
MA Audio is part of Anaba Group

EFFENDI
07-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Im sorry to break it to you 6spd but MA Audio is not Mobile Authority. They are not even close to the same product. And they did not change the name, they are separate lines of products entirely. I'd like to point out that yes, they are both owned by the parent company the Anaba Group which also owns Clif Designs, and Visonik Audio , but they are not flea market crap. Not close to Pyramid at all. Just goes to show you how ignorant people perpetuate ignorant answers. As they say "don't say if you don't know" I would like to personally invite you and anyone else who thinks MA Audio is "flea market" to come and hear my system, walk away and try to convince me that it is flea market or is comparable to Pyramid. Sorry to bring the pain like that but I'm just tired of people spouting off misinformation. I hope that you as a new member to this forum learn this lesson quick otherwise you will continue to get told.

:verymad:

supa_c
07-19-2004, 11:20 PM
MA Audio = Mobile Authority. They were a company very simliar to Pyramid. Generic flea market kind of product. They were aware of the reputation and changed their name...

In a nutshell... Same product, different name.

What is most important though is if YOU like what your getting, then go for it.

-_Donread the sig homie.:wacky: