PDA

View Full Version : Where to mount crossover

stevem5000
07-17-2004, 01:29 PM
2000 Frontier King cab...

I'm installing a set of Boston RC620 components in the front door...

Where do I put the crossover???

In the door???...how do I mount it and where in the door do you guys place it???

Put it under the dash and run wires to the speakers???.

What do you guys recommend???

thanx
Steve

squeak9798
07-17-2004, 02:20 PM
There are a lot of places to put them. You can put them in the door, but make sure it is in a location where they won't get wet/moisture. Some ppl but them up high in the kickpanels. Some ppl mount them in the center console (if you have one). You could mount them under your front seats. You could mount them back by your amp. You could mount them up under the dash. Tons of places.....hard to say what will work best without knowing what the interior of your truck looks like.

the_flatlander
07-17-2004, 02:54 PM
I put mine from my MB Quarts where the 3.5" dash speakers would go. From there I ran the wires to the floor then ran them through the carpet to the amp and doors. But I drive an '89 Ford Taurus :readytogo

stevem5000
07-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Thanx guys.,..

I guess I'll mount them in the doors someway...Nyties if nothing else...
I think I would rather not get involved in running wires thru the door, into the cab and back...

Also...The install book for the Boston RC620 talks about the crossover...a tweeter level adjustment with a jumper and a sq control, also with a jumper...

I assume the tweeter level adjustment, 0db, -2db, -4db is the adjustment per octave and not sure where to put this adjustment at...

And can anyone tell me what the SQ Control is for...the jumper shows SQ1 and SQ2, but doesn't explain what it does...

Thanx again
Steve